Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nascar Sunday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4by4bygod, Apr 12, 2005.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Went to my first NASCAR race in Martinsville VA last weekend. Lisa got the tickets off ebay, and I didn't realize how good the seats were until we got there. 5 rows from the catch fence, just to the left of the start/finish line.

My boy Michael Waltrip didn't have a good day but I had fun cheering him and Junior on and consuming lots of adult beverages.

I hate Jeff Gordon, but he's my dad's favorite, so we got him some good pictures doing his burnout and being in victory lane.

Best part was being able to denounce Kurt Busch and Jimmie Johnson in person during driver introductions, and we made Kenny Wallace do a little dance for us during the " NASCAR This Morning" show. ( the girls asked nice during the commercials)

Can't wait to go back next year.

Tom

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear you had a good time. I love that truck and can't wait to get back there in the fall. It is a great place to watch a race, and I think there isn't a bad seat in the place. :cool1:

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

They are always fun , glad you ain't a Racin Virgin anymore :grin:

I can't wait until week after this , we got 2 races this year and the spring race is under the lights :D

4. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Although I have never been to one in person.. I'm looking forward to watching the next race on my 50" with surround sound..

WOO HOOOOO!

:woot: :saweet: :woot: :saweet: :woot: :saweet:

Me and a buddy almost ponied up the money to go to the race school at Texas speedway. He had some other stuff come up and we canceled the trip.. maybe someday we'll see about making it happen. :cool1: