Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nascar UTI?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtnman210, Dec 28, 2005.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Anybody know anything about it? Or have had any experiences with UTI in general. I've been reading over the site and they have a couple campus's near me but they only have one Nascar one in North Carolina. Or how about anybody near Mooresville, NC whats the area like living wise. I'm not planning anything this second but I think it might be something worth giving a shot.

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

i had an aprentice at work that graduated from the mooresville campus. good kid. kind of expensive, but i think it worked out for him. he is a pretty good tech.

3. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

Nascar urninary tract infection?? :eek1: Sounds very painful....all those loud hillbillies hanging out in your "infield".....NO THANKS!!!:doah:

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Bwaahaha...that's what I thought when I read the post title...

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i went to UTI in phoenix... i graduated lest august, what do you wanna know?

6. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

They talk it up about getting hired right out of school. Have you had success with having the school for background when tryignto get a job. and was it a good learning experience?

7. muddysub

i was hired on at blaine equipment, local john deere construction equipment dealer, 3 weeks before i graduated... the owner himself called me one day in school and asked me to come work for him. so yeah.

and its a serious learning experience, you're tought more than you can retain and its pretty fast paced. its not for everyone, a lot of kids dont make the 5 phase cut-off... (each class is called a phase, they're 3 weeks long and you have the first five to decide if its what you wanna do or not. after that you pay for all the classes you signed up for wether you drop out or not... i know a kid that is paying for classes he never took.) you have to really wanna do it for a living to suceed there. i graduated with a 3.98gpa and a 99.8% attendance rate. if you're not staying in the mid to high 3.0 range, youre below average... not because its easy but because the school is full of people who wanna do it for a living and enjoy it and take it very seriously... obviously there are those who dont care and bring down the average but thats gonna happen anywhere. there are also a lot of people there who dont know sh!t andthink they know everything as with any tech school, or any group of people for that metter. its tough, but worth it, i had some of the best times of my life in phoenix going to UTI.

8. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

cool thanks for the info

9. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mooresville, is a nice area, fast growing, a lot of building going on. Near I-77 and Lake Norman. Not far either from the Uwharrie ORA.

10. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

ok heres how it is IMO. i am a senoir in high school so i have been looking over schools where i want to go. nascar tech is right up the road from me, maybe 8 miles? i know 5 people that have went there, only 2 graduated. here in the area the school is a joke, because they let anyone in that has 40k. i thought about it, but everyone i talk to says to go to a cumminty college to learn the same stuff. ok so heres the 5 people i know that went there. the 2 that graduated now is unable to find a job because of that whole party school rep. o and that bull about you get hired right out of school, they forgot to tell you thats only like the top 2 in the class or something like that. one of the other guys failed out and the other 2 dropped out because they said they were not learning anything. from what i understand also you do not get any kind of degree of any kind just something saying you went to nascar tech. the only reason i would go there is they have a good ford program i have heard of that is sappovily bypass a coupel of ford classes you take when you start at ford, but ocne again not everyone gets on at ford that takes that program.

-steve

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Nascar gave you a unrinary tract infection?

12. muddysub

all the UTI campuses are like that EXCEPT the phoenix campus... i graduated with an associates in mechanical engineering. yes some comm college programs are nice but i dont think any of then offer what UTI does. now i havent been to any community colleges but i highly doubt any of them have the facilities that UTI phoenix does... i can tell you that most employers will hire a UTI grad over a community college grad. every company ive worked for before and after UTI have said that they hire UTI grads over other applicants.

and yes any dumbass with enough money can get in, that was the only thing i didnt like about it.

13. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

Im not saying uti is bad at all. but nascar tech is differant from uti. the representative that came to my school from uti was saying how nascar tech was differant from the regular uti, sorry I dont remember exactly what it was. but like i was trying to explain earlier im just saying how it is in my area. about finding a job and the school. the school is nice, i have been there many times, nice layout. i dont like the large groups though. its like 7 people on 1 car working.

14. muddysub

yes NTI and UTI are very different...