Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nascar?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by southernspeed, May 6, 2005.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Come on, help a poor old limey out here.
    What happened to Winston Cup nascar? We used to get it on tv, every race. I never really got into the short ovals stuff but the super speedway stuff was amazing, especially Talladaga and Daytona.
    Now all we get over here is the Busch cup Saturday races which are like the support races right??
    Is the Winston still running? I know we've had a load of sh*t over here with tabacco advertising so maybe that's why I don't get to see it anymore.
    What's the deal? :confused:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

It is the Nextel cup now( :mad: )

3. southernspeed

No good? We don't get that either. Is it still run like a Winston Cup race and with the same cars? Those Winston Cup cars were awesome! They sent a few over here for our Goodwood festival of Speed. It still makes the hairs on the back of neck stand up just thinking about the noise and feeling of being within 20 foot of one of them on full song! :D

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

same cars just new sponser, bush is the class right below the "cup" cars, almost exactally the same, i think they are a little heavier, and mabye a little less power but thats about it.

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Maybe it's time for a sattelite dish?

That's strange you get busch and not cup racing. Hell, winston bowed out as a sponsor so the evil tobacco company wouldn't keep NASCAR out of the different markets.

Must be a programming decision not to air it, I dunno. Maybe they don't want to show all of the confederate flags in the infield.

Tom

6. southernspeed

Yeah it's just the stations choice I think. Got satalite and too many hundreds of channels but not the good stuff you guys get! I'll just have to settle for Busch I guess!
    Knowing this country...if they knew what a confederate flag stood for they 'blur' it out anyway! But most don't so I'll keep quiet! :)

7. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Fox has Nascar for the first half NBC for the second half if you are getting Busch races you should get Cup races also same channel same network. If you can get FX it may be on that. Look in Speed channel they have lots of Nascar info and shows and stuff.

8. southernspeed

Trouble is our sport channels just buy in some coverage from yours, so although I may be watching Fox or NBC as soon as the program is over I can't get it anymore. Some of the coverage is good but sometimes they just don't bother!
    They just spent a fortune keeping the satalite link open to watch hours of rained out Taladaga live! Then the next day showed the whole race (Busch but not cup cars)

9. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

The busch race didnt get rained out, it ran later on that day. The next day the cup boys ran. By the end of both races, all the cars looked like they had run bristol and not 'dega.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

11. southernspeed

Well....delayed by rain! Then they showed recorded coverage the next day.
    Trouble is I don't think there is a big enough audiance in this country for them to bother too much. having said that tho, the people I've got to watch nascar (who either didn't know what it was or thought it was boring roundy roundy racing) all loved it and couldn't believe these guys trade paint at 200mph!(or more before the restrictor plate rules)