Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Naskart

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Twiz, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Ohh man ! What a blast !

Go-Kart raceing. 40-laps of, tire squeeling, bump-drafting, spin your buddy out into the wall, fun!
    These lil' units get after it, squeeling all fours and getting tail-out on the turns is no problem.
    So is getting out of the groove and spinning out.

It's alot harder than it looks, really takes some skill to navigate around the track with anything resembling "raceing speed".

Which is why I'm known as the "Closed-Door King". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You all ever get the chance to take a real go-kart out for a spin - go for it.

2. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

the guy down the road use to have a couple for his kids they haul. probable 40mph?with your butt inches from the ground!he probable had more $ in the 2 of them then i will ever put into my jimmy.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

The NCBD Sacramento chapter are going to an indoor racing place here tomorrow night and duking it out. I just drove by and went inside tonight to check it out. Holy cow... sweet...!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The NCBD Sacramento chapter are going to an indoor racing place here tomorrow night and letting Bubba Ray put them into the wall. I just drove by and went inside tonight to check it out. Holy cow... sweet...!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ChevyCaGal

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    The NCBD Sacramento chapter are going to an indoor racing place here tomorrow night and letting Bubba Ray put them into the wall. I just drove by and went inside tonight to check it out. Holy cow... sweet...!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever foo.... I went by there tonight. I doubt you'll get the chance or vice versa. They move so fast and they the track is so wild, you'll be more concerned about putting yourself in the wall more then putting anyone else... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

You've got to remember, ole Bubba Ray's been trained by some of those official California Emergency Vehicle Operations certified instructors. Not to mention I've cut my teeth in the wilds of OK running down sheep. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Wish I could make it up there.. I'd show you what for.. I didn't get the roll over trophy 2 years in a row for nothing... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Wish I could make it up there.. I'd show you what for.. I didn't get the roll over trophy 2 years in a row for nothing... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that they have an age limit and it's one of the few places that actually keep old people from driving along at a snail's pace /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. ChevyCaGal

There was a Grandma there (she must have been 70) last night when I was checking it out. She had on the helmet and some goggles and was looking to seriously kick butt.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

We've got in KC also. They have a weekly league. You get points each week for the championship. Very competitive. They also sponser our race truck and let us work out of the back, so I practically live there. Would be fun to get a group together.

11. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

12. ChevyCaGal

Where in KC? My friend lives there and I am gonna be there for a week or so visiting in late May pr early June, and would like to check it out...

13. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

It's in Olathe at Sante Fe and Murlen.