Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nasty, evil sound comin' from under the hood

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigJim85, Nov 21, 2000.

1. BigJim85

BigJim85 1/2 ton status

Nasty, evil sound comin\' from under the hood

Whenever I really stick my foot in it to accelerate up a hill, or pass someone; something starts squealing in the engine compartment when the motor winds up. It's a pretty old 305, and soon to be replaced and I'm just hopeing it'll last me another 4-5 months. Just started noticing it a couple of weeks ago.

<font color=red>Call my rig an SUV... And I'll tear your lungs out.</font color=red>

2. IH82LUZ2FORDS

IH82LUZ2FORDS Registered Member

Re: Nasty, evil sound comin\' from under the hood

Hey I have to same problem, just not as bad, I have a newer 350, I think that mine is just the belts and thats all that yours should be, I mean I know a little bit, but I don't think that there is much else that could make your truck squeel like that, or maybe it could be your alternator, all I do is just lay off the gas a little bit. or just go get your belts replaced.

Rob 88k5

3. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

I have a nasty sound comming from under the hood too, but it's a diesel!

4. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

I had a nasty sound in mine a couple days ago, and would get worse with acceleration, finally looked at it and found my A/C compressor is locked and the belt was still going and trying to turn over the compressor had to cut the belt and look for a new one after winter is over.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

A little wd 40 goes a long way when you have a squeaky belt. I had the same thing, it was a frozen bearing on a smog pump. It was kinda fun to watch people grip their steering wheels in agony when I was next to them at a stop light.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

6. BigJim85

BigJim85 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, I kinda figured it could be a belt. Thing is they're all new, 'cept the powersteering belt, and tight. Guess I'll check 'em all again.

<font color=red>Call my rig an SUV... And I'll tear your lungs out.</font color=red>