Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nasty Nasty Nasty

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fubeca, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

A couple of weeks ago I noticed water was leaking from one of the joints in the exhaust side of our 2 year old high efficiency furnace :mad: . I called the company that installed it but they have gone out of business.:rolleyes:

So I decided to fix it. I had to cut a section of the pvc out and make a new section with a bunch of funny connections to twist around some stuff. Good news - I got it fixed - no more leaks :wink1:

Bad news, I picked up the old piece and dumped the condensation out - and out plops a half decomposed bird :eek1: onto the floor. It was all I could do to not lose my breakfast. I guess I need to find some screen to cover the outlet pipe outside...

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

dead boids...

I found a dehydrated Starling in my shops wood stove about a month ago--I went to light it up for the first time in a few months,and found the poor boid all mummified in the ashes!..:eek1: ..it smelled worse than a morgue in there!..(I was suprised the shop didn't smell,I guess charcoal in the ashes helped keep the odor from spreading)...

I decided to just creamate it, instead of trying to pick it out of there,it was just falling apart when I tried using tongs to pick it up!..so I added some kindling and a bit of lighter fliud,and said a prayer for the dear departed birdie..:( --

I guess I really need to replace my chimmney cap that rotted off last winter-it had a bird screen,and now I get smoke backdrafting into the shop on windy days without it..:doah: always something huh?..:crazy:

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

the wood stove i used to have was always filled with live birds. i'd open the door and get the hell outta the way.:haha: that damn cover never stayed on.so it was a regular thing.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

back when JR was a rotted out jimmy, i was looking at it from the kitchen window and wondered "what kind of leaf is that?"so i went out and found a dead sparrow that got its foot caught in a rust hole over the rear tire.it musta beat itself to death cuz there was blood spatter all around it.:doah:

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

road kill...guts and gore...

I read a story in our local police log --a mechanic at a Subaru dealership near my house called the cops,and asks for the "Animal Control" officer's phone number--then he calls the woman who is that officer,and asks her if she'll come remove a dead cat thats wrapped around a driveshaft!--she said "no,I just pick up dead animals from the roads,sorry...:p:

One day a few years ago a 1990 Impala was towed into my friends shop--owner says "I was driving down Rt.28 about a week ago,and suddenly I heard a loud "THUMP" and banging under the hood,then a squealing sound--then my motor dies,and now it wont turn over--I think it might be seized!..I didn't bother looking under the hood,I know nothing about cars,so why bother?..

We walk out to the car,and open the hood--I was inside pulling the hood release--my friends eyes got big as saucers,then he ran off and vomited beside the car--as he was gagging,he said "DONT LOOK!"..but I had too,my curiosity was unbearable--I look at the engine,a 305 --there was a large gray cat all tangled up in the fan belt-:eek1: :eek1: -its head staring right at me with huge gold eyes just above the water pump,and it was covered in maggots,and stunk like a dead twat..:doah: ULP!..

I nearly lost it too!--then his boss comes over,looks the car over,and says "Yea,so its ****ing dead--BIG DEAL!--GET BUSY FIXING IT!!--THE CUSTOMER IS WAITING!..my friend reluctantly went back to work --boss made him remove,rather than cut the fan belts off,even though they were trashed..my friend nearly quit,and told his boss HE should fix it,if he's so unnaffected by such a greusome scene..but he says "When you go to 'Nam and see your best friends guts blown out,THEN you can tell me all about "greusome"!!..
    That wasn't the best day my friend had at work,thats for sure!..

Another time a lady brings her Subaru wagon in--"My dash shakes like a hula dancer when I put the heater on--can you fix it?"...we turned the fan on,sure enough it shakes like an earthquake!--we assumed the blower wheel was broken or had blades missing,etc..so we try puling the heater motor out--it was right behind the engine--only came out a few inches before it hit the engine,and the blower wheel was still inside the firewall--so we tried going in the ductwork under the dash...

My freind reaches in as far as he could--and feels some debris in the blower wheel--pulls it out and dumps it on the floor--its a mouse head,and a petrified mouse body!:eek1: --he pulled 3 more heads and remains out,then blows compressed air in the ducts to blow the rest of the nest out--we put the heater motor back in,now it spins much faster,and with no vibration!..he puts the mouse heads and guts in a baggie,and we showed the lady "what was the problem"--we thought we were going to have to call 911!--she nearly fainted,and just about fell to the floor when we showed her the baggie!..she said "I can't belive I've been driving a dead mousetrap around all winter--and BREATHING all that stuff!! YUKKKK!..:eek:

We waited until she left,then had one of the best and longest laughs of our lifetimes..:haha: :haha: ..yeah,sometimes its fun being a mechanic..:D