Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nation or free for all?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Mar 30, 2005.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

One aspect of a Nation is that it has borders, and regulates them. Guards them too, even.

What does a Country become when it has lost it's borders? Does it still hold the status of a "Nation"?

When I was growing up a familiar phrase was "we are a nation of law and order."

After reviewing Steve's post on Races, reflecting massive illegal immigration, I guess "law and order" is no longer fashionable.

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

it's not that you have borders and protect them neccisarily but as long as you are soverign you're a nation it's not that simple but that's the main idea i guess.

And i for one praise every single illegal they keep things in better order here than you know, but illegal or legal as long as they obey the rules i've got no problem with them. that said a friend and i turned in a coworker of his to the IRS she is a legal immagrant but was claiming three siblings on her taxes and had her mother send all the kids paper work so she could do it i hope they send her packing!

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I blame it on the left...

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Blame it on politicians in general, they'd rather pander to a particular ethnic group in order to get votes than actually do what's in the best interest of the country. For cripes sake, it would be better if they just let them all in but at least documented them when they came over. I predict a backlash soon though, people are starting to getting pissed about it...

http://www.minutemanproject.com/

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Its long been my theory that we should recall most if not all the American Troops abroad and put them on the border with Mexico. Maybe a few on the one with Canada so we aren't playing favorites :D Damn northern devils

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

That's nothing.. I can tell you horror story after hooror story about illegals and how they tax our system.

When I lived on the TX/MX border I saw plenty of it. Plenty of people from Mexico come over to the US to shop etc.. it's a common practice for them to pull stunts, at our expience. 1: Pregnant women often go someplace like Wal-mart, and take medication to induse their labor, once they are in labor, they connot be sent back across the border.. the ambulance takes them to our hospital. The child is born here.. now an american citizen, and the parents fill out the paperwork, so the infant can "sponsor" them, now they are all here.. living off our tax dollars. The same is true if a woman manages to walk to the international "line" on the bridge.. "someone" calls and repeorts it..

2. Mexican citizen goes to a doc in Mexico, the doc tells him his appendix needs to be removed .. he comes "shopping" in the US, and falls down at wal-mart... yep you guessed it, he goes to our hospital, and has it removed. Who pays for it.. WE DO, and he slithers back across the border into the rat hole he crawled out of.

It happens daily, folks ... day in and day out. And it adds up, and we're the ones who pay for it.

I don't get free medical care.. and I'm sick of providing it for 3rd world types who don't contribute anything. I'd much rather give free medical care to military, or their families... at least they have more than earned it vs. another burden on an already burdended budget.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I'd rather have our troops fight on someone else's homeland than wait for the fight to come here. I'd prefer to see military personel paid a good wage instead of the insulting pittance that they're given now. If we gave them more money and spent less on social programs that create dependency then we'd be in better shape as a country in a hurry. It would also encourage more people to join for either a short time or as a career, then we'd have enough troops to guard the borders. Haven't thought it through too much to consider the ramifications, just kind of off the top of my head here. I do have a bit of a problem with a standing army deployed amongst the population, but I suppose that guarding the borders is a neccessary evil.

8. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've now got 'asylum seekers' (read FREE LOADERS) flocking into my country from all the **** holes around Europe. My government lets them in, feeds them, houses them, buys them a car and a colour telly. They get more than any Englishman would get if he fell on hard times even after paying taxes for 40 years.....and all because we're politically correct and f**king Europeans! :mad:
    Rant over.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

You know what Democrats are like then ;) :mad: If I went out and worked for years, fall on hard times, I'll get some help, but nothing like a lot of people in this country get. Why? I'm a white male. You know I dealt with this a year ago. A guy who used to hang out at my work(annoy me) found himself homeless. I called a dozen places, no one would take him in because he was a white male over 18.

And Shaggy, understandably forces deployed within our border wouldn't be ideal, its just what I always say about the border situation. I don't live anywhere near it but with the number of hispanics I have dealt with in my public work at the gas station(at least once a day someone who can't speak more english than "$20 *points at pump where friend waves*"). I'm all for letting people from other countries in, diversity is a neccessary thing, and after all America is the melting pot.

I also agree increased wages and benefits for troops would be a good thing. I'd like to say if I knew I'd be compensated better I would have joined up out of high school, but I really don't know. As for the dependecy programs, with the rising number of liberal whiny p.c. bitches out there, good luck of not seeing a hundred more of the next few years. All aimed at the illegals that snuck in, or the minorities of this country. I can't wait till I'm a minority so I can get some benefits... oh wait I'm white that will never happen.

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Your right --"America The Beautiful"--not...

Yes,if your white,and were born here,its like your automatically disqualified for any assistance,at least where I live..I was diagnosed with testicular cancer 4 years ago,had no job--I was VERY lucky our local mourge- :blush: -whoops,I mean hospital had a "free care" program that helped me get enough coverage thru meidicare to pay for the operation..even the lady at the hospital told me she would be suprised if I got any assistance--because of me being an american born white male over 40..I had to do a lot of legwork to get accepted,and I could tell they would have rather not helped..and they did not exactly give me the red carpet treatment,beleive me...

.I think they did a rush job on me compared to a paying customer--I was in the operating room at 7:30 am--by 11 am I was back in my bed at home!--thank God for Vicodin!--I still have pain in that area to this day--I often wonder if they left something inside me. :frown1:

I also have scliosis in my spine,a double curve that crushes all the ribs together on one side,and affects the heart.lungs,and circulation-- but since I'm not crippled enough for them to consider me "disabled"-- no SSI for me,I still have to fend for myself--I havent really tried to pursue it with a lawyer or anything yet--perhaps I could get on it--I bet I would still have a tough time getting it compared to someone with a spanish last name,or darker skin than I have..There seems to be a "fast lane" for them to get on welfare or SSI..They tell me it will take 1-2 YEARS IF you ARE approved--how do you survive in the meantime??. :confused:

I see plenty of them with "depression",or "Bi-Polar" that only have to trot to thier mailbox for a check--no work nessasary,dont worry,the taxes they take out of MY checks will pay for their freeloading,and the kids they seem to bear every 9 months...at OUR expense!...Thats one of the reasons I quit working a real job over 10 years ago,and became self-employed--I got sick of handing over my tax dollars for an illegal ailien "live here for free"program..among many other things like not dealing well with anal bosses and their "authority".,and low wages...but soon I'll have to go back to the F'n rat race,and take my lumps...not looking forward to it at all... :frown1:

I dont know about the "state of the union"--I think the U.S. is going down the tubes fast--our government puts its own people last on the list,no place for the homeless to live--while schools,state hospitals,and huge military bases are shutdown and empty,but no--cant let those "bums" stay there!

We hand 80 BILLION to Iraq,while our own people are starving in the street,cant find decent paying jobs.. give everything to immigrants that dont belong here instead--make no attempt to keep them out--Make it impossible for the elderly to afford medicine,and high taxes force many out of their homes,what they worked all their lives for---

I feel that anyone over 70 should be TAX EXEMPT!-- and the way our veterans get treated is the biggest disgrace--but thats ok--we are the "best" country in the world..HA!--we USED to be--not any more!!....I have a hard time telling I'm IN america in most places now--so many foriegn faces and languages spoken here,it sure doesn't even look like the USA anymore.. :frown1:

What hurts is it would not be impossible to remedy theese problems--but no politician WANTS too...cant lose those hispanic votes.. :frown1: --And to think what a great country America COULD be again,if they only cared...they had better do something soon--its almost too late already if you ask me.. :crazy:

11. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I'm white, middle class, and male. It sure sucks to be me.

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah Mark Your pretty much ****ed up over there. The worst part of it all is that European Union bullsh!t You guy's have to deal with. That EU crap is gonna be the end to the independent European nations as We know of. The U.K. forked up when it joined in with that cluster****. Hell wasn't most of Europe under one goverment back in 1940 :whistle: :whistle:

13. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

By default illegal immigrants are not following the rules....send all illegals packing...

14. southernspeed

You know it pal. Blair runs this country like his 'own little business' making himself and his cronies very rich. Most of the British public wants nothing to do with Europe yet it's rammed down our throats all day long.
    I would so love to get out of this country but the only places I'd consider going are Canada or the U.S....then that makes me an immigrant...and I'd have to hate myself then!! :(

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

As long as you come here legally we'll accept you as one of us man :D

16. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Government should atleast do something to get some taxs out of all these illegals. Saw checks that some of these get with no taxs out of them then my sister in law that pays taxes has trouble going to the health department :mad: Go to a striaght sales tax or something if they will at least pay when they buy a car or groceries. It is unfair.

17. southernspeed

You mean I don't have to sneak across the border at night, talk in a funny accent and pick water melons....cool! :)

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey if you're English, don't you already have a funny accent?
    :) :)

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I wouldn't expect someone to feel free to walk through my yard to get to the next yard, and I sure wouldn't let them just walk in and start swimming in my pool just because I had one and they didn't.

Why it happens as a nation, and why it's almost ignored in politics is a mystery to me. Illegal immigrants can't vote, so I can't see it being pandering.

20. southernspeed

Oh yeah....damn! :grin: