Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

National Ammo Day - Nov. 19

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by behemoth, Nov 2, 2002.

1. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

For Immediate Release
    October 21, 2002
    National Ammo Day Goes International

A grassroots effort to support the Right to Keep and Bear Arms goes international

Coppell, Texas — October 21, 2002 — With about $500 from their own pockets, Mr. and Mrs. Kim du Toit have struck a chord with National Ammo Day. Since the website launch on October 4 and only 29 days and counting until the first National Ammo Day, the word is out. And not just to folks in the United States. Canadians and Australians have picked up the torch. The Australian support is coming from the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia, which is promoting the concept to their 125,000 members. The champion of the Canadian effort exclaimed, "Gun control knows no borders... it affects us all the same way!"

The goal of National Ammo Day is a peaceful BUYcott by law-abiding citizens, each buying at least 100 rounds of ammunition. This sends a powerful message: "We can say to our fellow citizens that there are BILLIONS of rounds of ammunition in the hands of law-abiding citizens." Now that the message has gone international, it is hard to predict how many rounds of ammunition will be sold on November 19.

"When we first started this initiative, we were only thinking in terms of the United States," said Kim du Toit. "The fact that people in other countries have taken on the cause for their own is really gratifying."

Since the launch, the AmmoDay.com website has had over three million hits. It’s being talked about on almost every gun forum and gun rights organization on the Internet. After reading about National Ammo Day on CNSNews, Ken Hamblin, "The Black Avenger" called Kim to have him interviewed on his syndicated radio program.

"My wife monitors the traffic on the website and in Google Searches. There are now over 100 results on Google alone. We’ve heard directly from over fifty websites who’ve officially listed their support on our website."

"The international web traffic has been really interesting," says Connie du Toit. "The first week it was exclusively traffic in the U.S. We’ve had over 25,000 hits internationally and this segment is growing."

"It’s been incredibly moving" says Mrs. du Toit. "The volume of e-mail has been higher than we expected and is overwhelmingly positive--with many people asking what they can do to help and pledging to purchase more than a 100 rounds."

For more information:

Mr. Kim du Toit, Voice Mail/Fax: 214-853-5128, Email: info@ammoday.com

For more information on National Ammo Day:

www.ammoday.com/

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Why only get 100 rounds. Get 200! S-eet I feel nakid if I have less than 500 rounds laying around for my Mini 30 and AK.

Cool site! And Thanks for the heads up.
    I guess i'll buy some shot and powder spend Nov 19 down in the reloading room /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I suddenly feel the urge to buy another 100 rounds for my stash!

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm thinking 10 boxs of 100 rounds for the 9mm. Sounds like a good way to kill a afternoon out at the shooting range. (The name of the shooting range I go to is Beretta Road.) How's that for a name ????

5. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

Dang... I make most of my own too... I do need a case of 9mm though...

a couple bricks of .22's are always welcome in my ammo cabinet

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    (The name of the shooting range I go to is Beretta Road.) How's that for a name ????

[/ QUOTE ]
    Great name! I go to Knob Creek Gun Range on the outskirts of Ft. Knox. It's off Ky. Hwy. 44 in Bullitt County!! They have a "Machine Gun Shoot" twice a year. People come from all over the country. It's a real blast!
    /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I agree - why stop with 100 rounds? I can burn that up in a few minutes! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the heads up... I've been needing to stock up on .44 Magnum, .25 throwaway, and .223, a whole lot!

The idea of a National Ammo Day is excellent, and should wake up the leaders of this country, and let them know they if they run us into the ground, we're ready to take a stand!