Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

National Get together of K-5s (EAST Coast) July 2007 UPDATED 4-10-07!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Metrodps, May 29, 2006.

1. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Is there any kinda thing? I read about Blazer Bash but wondered if like there was anything like a road trip for a get together or just a group road trip? I am planing on going from Toledo, OH to Las Vegas, NV and then up into the Black Hills of South Dakota.

I know the Harley's get together in August in S.D. so that would not work. Road trip to Alaska sounds like a great adventure. I saw where the M.V.P. guys did that and the pictures were awesome.

With gas prices going crazy this might be the last time we could all do a major road trip. Think about a convoy of K-5s out on the road. The pubs would be like what the frell? The last truck having "CONVOY AHEAD" on it and Lead Truck with "CONVOY FOLLOWS".

I plan on heading to the Canyonland National Parks area, Area 51 (Vegas area) then up into Colorado and on into the Black Hills area. I am not looking to go radical 4 wheeling but do plan on getting off road on some trails.

Any thought or any takers I am retired so my dates are open. I am 45 years old but not an old fart. So I still like to have fun.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  2. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Maybe we could all plan one in two years, to get the most ammount of k5s you would have to plan it far in advance for people to get off work and get their rigs done.

Edit- plus, it may take some of us 2 years to save for it, like me.

3. Metrodps

thoughts

Well lets start planing something. Might make a Guinness book record for the most K5 trucks in one place. Plus if a slow news day it would be great filler. Maybe even havea news crew along with us. Lets get some more input on a trip.

If we are of mind how about Alaska highway trip along the old road

Here is a link to a great info site on highway http://www.bellsalaska.com/alaska_highway.html That breaks down the highway and whats where.

I will find the artical of MVP road trip and post link

4. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

I cant go that far within 2 years xD. Youd have to count me out, im in SE Us.

Maybe tellico gathering? Tellico/uwharrie week trip? in North Carolina, Im only 528 miles from it! Thats still a 2 weeks pay for gas for me.

5. johnathan

johnathan 1/2 ton status

I'm a second for Tellico,but would probably better to meet midways.

6. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Well west has their Blazer bash, Maybe we should get an east coast blazer bash, Maybe call it the Blazer Smash :D

7. Metrodps

Lets keep this rolling whats a good spot in middle of the country? Remeber we need things for the Ladies and mild people too. We could get some sponsors to give a long distance prize and some door prizers. Might be something to think about.

8. Metrodps

That sounds good all except the smash thing unless we are talking about sour mash kekekeke... So what could we do in the Smokey Mts? Any trials we could do?

9. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Theres the mall of america!

Edit - I dont know much about the smokies, Nearest i know of is tellico.
    Edit again - Ladies? Ladies can handle anything the guys can, unless their rigs cant.

10. Metrodps

Keep the ideals coming; then we can take a poll as to place and work on a date like a year from now. I am still going to do my road trip to NV and Black hills if any one wants to hook up along way.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Let us not forget about Blazerfest...........................

12. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Just getting into the k5 world, Ill look it up
    Edit - Dangit, Thats still west coast.

Someone needs to start an annual blazer gathering on the east coast if there isnt allready. Maybe have a wild annual trip to tellico or something, and a mild one to the GWNF in virginia (Shoe creek around charlottesville, And up by harrisonburg..)

13. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

im game

14. johnathan

johnathan 1/2 ton status

Yeah that be sweet,I'd be game for the East Coast gatherin.

15. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

There has already been one "East Coast Blazer Bash", search the Southeastern regional forum. If I remember correctly it was around the Tellico area, being the first it was small but that is to be expected. Since the west coast Blazer Bash is in the fall spring may be a good choice so the 2 events don't overlap and allow lots of "recovery time" for people willing to travel.

Since it's been done once it could probably be put together again with a reasonable amount of effort but I would think having someone local to the event site involved would be a plus and, of course, you'd want Steve Fox's blessing.

16. Metrodps

I agree 100% this was just to get the juices flowing and to see if there was enough interest to do it!

17. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Tried the ECBB planning and such last year. Didn't go all that great and well wasn't much support either. Had a few people show up and I was unable to make it due to rig not being ready to roll that far. Good luck if you feel spunky enough to do it.

18. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

The geographical center of the lower 48 states lies outside of Lebanon, Kansas, in the middle of a hog farm.

The geographical center of all 50 states is located 17 miles west of Castle Rock, South Dakota.

The geodetic center of the U.S. is found approximately 42 miles south of Lebanon, Kansas.

So they say!

19. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    a trip next summer would be sweet...or we could gather a convoy of about 15-20 blazers that would be willing to make the trip...we could stop in hollister, moab, katemcy, trees ranch, superlift offroad park, rausch park, etc. as many stops as possible, & maybe those K5 guys that can't make it, can at least make it out to the their nearest wheeling spot to show us around and maybe give us a place to crash :)...save some money...i mean i'd have NO TOP on my '72, no a/c, no heater, but i'd drive my Blazer as much as i could to make a real road trip out of it...but either way, i hope to meet everyone at the next Blazer Bash or the one after...

20. Metrodps

There ya go! Everyone wouldn't have to make the whole trip but if say at least one guy pops up and rides along for one tank of gas it would be great.

We could have a little bash along the way each night at a park and have dinner or what not. Like a big rolling party.