Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

National OHV Cleanup Day

Discussion in 'Land Use' started by Djroffroad, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

I have been following a forum on another site and thought I would bring it here.

There seems to be a large interest in designating a weekend in April as National OHV Cleanup Day. Something that will catch the attention of the Nation. To do this, we would need support of local clubs accross the nation.

What are your thoughts and what kind of support on this can we get from CK5 users?

Visit Rockcrawler.com Land Use Forum to see what kind of interest this has created so far.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Great Idea! I think the best thing to do would be contacting United and having them filter the idea down through their regional organazations.
    There is a link off www.ufwda.org to their land use directors email. Problem is this needed to be brought to their attention several months ago to do any good by this April. They have quarterly meetings to discuss this sort of stuff. To late to get it organized.
    I knew the past president and infact he lived about 1/2 a mile from me. He recently moved due to work and had to step down as a result. I do not know the current president.

3. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Someone has contacted UFWDA. I just looked for their responce, but could not find it. Generally though, they fully suport the idea, but said they couldn't do much (don't remember exacly why). They said we would have to make contact with clubs across the nation and get them to join the band wagon.
    That's why I posted the discussion here. Trying to find out what kind of support I could get, and ideas on it.

On the Forum where all this started, people realized that this year would be too difficult to get it going, so they kind of decided that Earth Day would be our first imformal day, then try to get everything togeather for the next year.

Hopefully by next summer it will be rolling and we will have an official day with plenty of notification time.