Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

National Tire and Wheel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Aug 15, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

How have yall done with them?
    I ordered a dual shock steering stablizer(skyjacker)from them I got it and it was scratched up pretty bad down the the metal and a few small dents so naturally I was MAD... So I called them up and they said ok we will pay the return shiping and get you a knew one but you will have to WAIT ill we get yours till we send yours.. I wasent happy but I cant drive my truck right now anyways. So they call me up yesterday and tell my mom it was a NEW one with no scratches, I dont get off till the close so I called them today and I talk to them. They said the sales guy the manager and the shiping department sees NOTHING wrong with it other then 1 minor scratch... I mean little stuff I can get over but stuff like this NO if im paying over $100 for somthen I want it to look new when I get it (the box with raged too) So they give me a choice pay $13 for there return shiping and to ship another 1 back out to me which they COULD send me the same one back... OR pay 20% restocking fee I have alway had REALLY good service with them till now(ive orderd about 5things from them) oh yea I got my skyjacker brake lines from them and they were NICE and I got skyjacker nitros's from a local dealer and they were NICE... well just though I would warn everyone there gonna "TRY" to wave the restocking fee...

2. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

well, that gives me an idea, if something like that happens take couple of pictures of the part before sanding it back.

im guessing that they're doing a volume thing like most other businesses, i ordered tires and 15" rims from them couple of years back (original rims were 16") and they didn't say anything about the back spacing being different, when i order "replacement" stuff i expect it to be same specs as original or to be told what the difference was (like i told them i want 15s they sould have said "but the offset has to be different then" type thing). for me that was no big deal but it could have been an issue. (here cops don't care about the tires sticking out)
    havent done enough business with them to say eather way though.

3. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

i got a lift kit from them years ago,and service was good.i dont think that is any way to treat a return customer,or any customer,for that matter.i would remind them they arent the only supplier out there.summitt racing has great customer service.i ordered a set of guages that were defective,they sent out another set before i returned the first set.

4. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

The best way to handle things via mail is to ALWAYS pay by credit card. (not debit card, but credit card). If there is any problem, send it back. If they won't fix it to your expectations, tell them to stick it and that you will pay NO restocking charge due to the fact that it is there problem. Then contest the charge on your credit card. You will not have to pay anything.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif