Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

national tire & wheel lift kits

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wicked jester, Nov 15, 2004.

1. wicked jester

wicked jester 1/2 ton status

Whose kits do they use for there suspension specials? And has anyone had any experiance with them?

2. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

I know they use Skyjacker and Superlift for some of them, not sure of the special. However, these kits are cheap becaue they come with rear blocks and no steering correction or brake line correction. Once you add up the price for rear springs, steering drop, and brake lines, you will be in the same price range as a reputable company such as Tuff Country's EZ ride. Many people here run this brand, including myself and I love it. Do yourself a favor and get rear springs instead of blocks.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Rear springs will do nothing but make your ride stiffer. I'd honestly rather have blocks than springs in the rear, but I'd rather have a shackle flip over both of them.

There is nothing wrong with Superlift and Skyjacker. They have a bad name around here but they're not the stiff, buckboard ride springs everyone makes them out to be. I have Superlift 6" springs in the front of my own truck. They're not the softest in the world but at Real Truck Challenge I believe I out flexed all the fullsizes but one.

That said, Tuff Country makes good springs too. If I wasn't planning a swap to 52s, I'd probably run their springs in the future to get my truck to flex some more, as they are softer.

All that said, I'm a vendor here and I can likely make you a better deal than anyone else. Check with me by email or PM before you order and we'll see what I can do for you.

4. rhuarc31

rhuarc31 Registered Member

I know a lot of guys that run them, nobody I know has had a problem with them yet, and we definitly wheel hard. As far as the cost of added components adding up to the cost of a higher priced kit from somewhere else, not with creative shopping it doesn't.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I know a lot of guys that run them, nobody I know has had a problem with them yet, and we definitly wheel hard. As far as the cost of added components adding up to the cost of a higher priced kit from somewhere else, not with creative shopping it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Creative shop all you want, then write down all the components you want and contact me, and I'll beat the shipped price of it all to your door, no problem.

6. rhuarc31

rhuarc31 Registered Member

Now that's an answer I like /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Got to respect some one who will lay it on the line like that. I wasn't questioning your ability to do it, just advertised pricing from the "big" dealers.

7. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

Lift kits are like tires and stereos and shoes and beer, everybody has a different one they like better for whatever reason. Now I am on the East Coast (va beach) /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif so I have a liitle bit of a diiferent reason why I choose to go with Skyjacker. I have had rough country (key word there rough) rancho, rugged trail and superlift on my many different vehicles, it just seemed to me that I got the best all around performence with skyjacker. Rough country's were simply very rough (88 Suburban). Rancho didn't seem to lift the vehicle a full 4" seemed like a 3" lift (78 suburban) and 90 wrangler, the superlift seem to loose its arch 79 suburban. Most of these were years ago as well so I am sure things have changed. Now out here flex isn't as big as an issue but I know you guys need it bad. just doing some beachin and a little bit of muddin, this is my daily drive and the 1 big thing I have learned over the years is you don't go muddin with your daily driver. But all the nice people here will set you straight I would ask what definatly not to do then narrow down the remaining set-ups and go from there. hope this helps I had fun thinking of some of my older trucks anyway /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

8. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Stay away from Rough Country, they will shake the fillings in your teeth loose. And I don't think 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers is any better....

I bought my tuff country kit from JC Whitney (Yes, JC Whitney) I bought it complete, with discounts, delivered to my door for $280.

Like Tim says, check every one for a price, then go to him.

9. wicked jester

wicked jester 1/2 ton status

Thnx for all the input and offer of good pricing , but the shipping to me would probably be awful as I live in Sask. Canada. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

cant be too bad, because most of the big companies (4WheelParts, National Tire & Wheel, etc) are based right here in the states. i've got alot of prices from Tim over the past few months and done a lot of research. he has beat the competitors on every price he has given me so far.

11. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    cant be too bad, because most of the big companies (4WheelParts, National Tire & Wheel, etc) are based right here in the states. i've got alot of prices from Tim over the past few months and done a lot of research. he has beat the competitors on every price he has given me so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeap, I've made Tim work for it quite a few times and he always comes out on top. Worst case he's a couple percent higher which I have no problem with because I'd rather give the "little guy" money instead of the "big wholesalers". I'm pretty sure it's usually the shipping that gets him in trouble.