Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

National Tire &Wheel lift vs. BDS- opinions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by odoa3, Nov 30, 2004.

1. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I found a six inch lift in a National Tire and Wheel add- it is almost $600 cheaper than the BDS I am looking at. Has anyone used a National lift? Any good or will I be sorry to not go with the BDS? Would love to find a good lift for a little less money, but want to do it right the first time. Thanks.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm certain they do not make their own lifts, not a chance. If I saw the ad I could tell your whose lift it is. They likely buy the cheapest thing they can and rename it and a charge so they can make money. The only wy I can believe the BDS kit is $600 more is if its just a far superior kit. Aka it probably has rear springs insted of blocks, it probably comes with steering correction, and probably comes with brake lines, all of which I am certain the NTW doesn't. Yeah I just looked on BDS' site, the cheapest 6" they sell has an add a leaf and block in the rear but includes a transfer case drop kit, and all 4 shocks. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. bigchief427

bigchief427 Registered Member

those advertised kits come with a mix up of parts. three or four years ago i bought a 8 inch kit and it had superlift front springs, a heckethorn block(i think) and a rough country add a leaf. the kit came with shocks and i had my pick i think they are skyjacker's and yes the kit was considerably cheaper than bds and i had to buy steering correction and brake lines etc. thanks matt

4. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

The BDS I am looking at has rear springs, and everything you need other than shocks and steering correction. Runs around $1200. Nice inflated prices up here! But, with most companies stateside insisting that Alaska can only be reached by air or is out of the US /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif, the prices about match. I was hoping that I had found a great deal. Guess I have to just suck it up and whip out the checkbook.