Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NATO Fuel cans

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Metrodps, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

OK I have found a bunch of these N.A.T.O. style jerry cans. I think this is what I want to use anyone running them. Thoughts about them vs the old style Blitz cans? Anyone else interested in them?

[​IMG]

Steel constructed gas can that holds 20 liters (5 gal.) of fuel or any other liquid. Features a 2 in. wide mouth opening with a secure locking cap. Triple grip metal molded handle for easy dispensing. Measures 18 in. high x 13 in. x 6 in. They are $16.95 each plus shipping.

Then I found the nozels on eBay Item number:150069221881 that are metal and not metal and plastic for unleaded tanks.
    [​IMG]
    unleaded nozzle/spout--Nato 20L Jerry fuel gas can NEW for UNLEADED GAS New Manufacture; ALL METAL pour spout or nozzle for standard Nato 20L Jerry can.
    [​IMG]

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah I use that type. I have the optional mounting cage for it which I bolted to my roll bar right by the tailgate.

3. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

The NATO ones are way better than the Blitz. A few things though.......

1) Check the gasket in the lid of the can b4 filling it up. If it is cracked or torn, it will leak. There are companies that sell replacement gaskets.

2) Depending on how many cans you order, order double that amount in nozzles. 1 outa 3 nozzles may not leak, all the others will. Those nozzles are cheap, very very cheap, Sadly there isnt much alternative.

3) With a proper gasket and tight seal on the can itself, they can actually be laid on their sides or what not. They dont leak (with proper seal) and dont put out any fumes. Very lil contraction and expansion when full (meaning some will bow out in the middle - plastic ones are notorious for this).

Here is the only site ive found for the gaskets. THey also have updated nozzles. Ive ordered them but nver used them so dunno how well they actually work

http://www.britishpacific.com/landroverparts/NATOjerryCans.html

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's what I use. They work great. I got them here. They ended up being $12 or so with shipping.