Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NC/SC/VA Guys: Want to do a simple 4 mile loop?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by BowtieRed, Jul 16, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

Just a thought, we don't have much out here in the ways of wheelin and just thought maybe some NC and surrounding member might want to venture out to Greensboro's 4 mile loop for a nice easy day of wheelin, and just to meet each other. I've never met and CK5 memebers but would love to see some of ya'll awesome rigs. Anyway, if you like the idea respond here or PM me if you hae any other ideas.

2. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

set up a date and I'll see what I can do . need plenty of time to plan for it though. My job requires that I work weekends. Also is this a legal place to ride? Ah hell plan a trip to Uwharrie its not that far from Greensboro. Should have been at the Tellico K5 run if you wanted to meet some fellow CK5 members . It was a cool run. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

we do need to do something on this side, any idea of dates?? i need to get my driveshaft back from the machine shop and ill be uip agian

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I'd be up for it, when I get my S-10 going again.

5. BowtieRed

How about something in september? maybe mid august? i need to do a tranny swap before venturing past greensboro. even just to greensboro my tranny would start smoking ans not shifting. besides, i need a 3rd gear. but i'll hopefully have the tranny in a couple weeks, and hopefully be one ton and on 44s by september. Yes, I do believe 4 mile loop is legal and it has rocks /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif amazing for NC. i couldn't go to tellico because my truck was out of commission. i plan on going next year though. How about September 6th? That's the first saturday in September.

6. sapper

could prolly make it, where is 4 mile loop?

7. BowtieRed

hehe. . . i have no clue /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif just heard about it. i can find out though.

8. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Late Aug. or Sept. sounds good, I will be going to ELon then which in next to Burlington. Gime a date and I'll be up for it.

9. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I'd be all for it, provided it isn't too tough, I'm going to be sporting a little 86 S-10 Blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. sapper

Well Henry did you figure out where it is?

11. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

K-5 run was great. Didn't get to meet everyone that was there do to my rig breakin both days and late starts but I'll be there next year. Stickin around here in this area. We got the trailer issue fixed.
    Let me know where it is and we'll see if this crowd around here wants to join yall. Of course I am startin to do Civil war re-enactments this time of year but we'll see if I can get there.

12. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

well i plan on running paragon here in two weeks and
    george washington around sept 12th, i am kinda tied up
    for now. but i am gonna be quiet cause you know murphys
    law is hunting me /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    hey blaze , think you can come up for the s10 round-up?

13. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Where is Paragon? I am triin to get ready to do something. That law you talked about has gotten me and gotten me good /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I am in the hurt locker right now and might not be able to go anywhere fer a long time.

14. Tuff

Tuff Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifI would like to join it would be nice to see some of your rigs in person. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

15. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Where is Paragon? I am triin to get ready to do something. That law you talked about has gotten me and gotten me good /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I am in the hurt locker right now and might not be able to go anywhere fer a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

paragon is up near hazelton, pa. its about 250 miles north
    of fredericksburg , va. i am hoping that " murphy" thing doesnt find me before then.

16. DOCKAWI650

DOCKAWI650 Registered Member

i went out to 4 mile loop a couple months ago and was planning on going back but have heard that they have since posted no tresspassing signs....its about 30 minutes from me and one day when im over that way i might check it out to make sure. but anyways, if yall go, count me in

-Doc

17. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    law is hunting me /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When is it? Sept is kinda busy for me. I'm going to the beach on the 12th and then up to Philly on the 26th.

18. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

I live in Greensboro, and i have been to the 4mile loop. its illegal, and its on private property. the chained off the main entrance. and the back entrance is often circulated by the cops.
    but if u want directions out there. i can give em to ya.
    i would go but by the time the date rolls around ill be in Athens GA at UGA /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

19. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When is it? Sept is kinda busy for me. I'm going to the beach on the 12th and then up to Philly on the 26th.

[/ QUOTE ]
    its the weekend of the 12th. you need to cancel your beach trip /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif thats for the s10 round up.

20. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Too late, that sucks. Besides, the Blazer will be far from ready by then. I just bought a 3" body lift for it, so I gotta put that on, then get some bigger tires so it doesn't look so goofy. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif