Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NCAA Football?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by neverendingproject, Aug 17, 2006.

1. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Who all is in for the upcoming season? I love college football, partly because im in college and partly because I think they are more exciting than pro sports.

So what teams do you root for?

Im a Baylor fan myself.

2. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

Michigan State is my team but I don't pay much attention to anything they play.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm waiting until the Big 12 championship to see if I will be smack talking this year...........................

4. neverendingproject

Im guessing you are either for Oklahoma, Texas, or Nebraska. Oklahoma probably wont make it without Rhett Bomar.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Let's just say that if Bob Stoops was fired tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear....................:mad: :mad: :mad:

6. neverendingproject

I know where you stand.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

And if he's ruinated Paul Thompson as a QB, then I'll be even more pissed off.................

8. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Whoooooooooop, its awn this year boys, as far as big 12 goes...My expectations as follows. Baylor has been getting better year after year, wont be a big contender, I think they have a few years of good recruiting to go before they start pulling in alot of wins (please dont remind me of the embarassment we suffered 2 years ago....) Texas.......Mack Brown is a great coach, but now that they dont have Vince, I feel they will have a hard time doing anything because Vince honestly was the glue of that team. Not saying that he was the win all be all, not true, but he did possess a certain attitude and charisma that made everyone play as a true team. Oklahoma, I will admit I didnt see alot of them last year so I wont say for sure, they are always pretty decent though, same for Oklahoma state. Nebraska I didnt see a whole lot of either last year. Tech is always a force to reckon with, always use what they have to be a well rounded team. I wont smack talk or be one of those arrogant jerks that I often get stuck around at games, but I do know that without reggie mcneal and with jason mcgee on board, we have a far better chance of being a contender in the big 12 especially with how consistant he is compared to mcneal. Oh yeah I actually drove through the Baylor campus a week ago or so coming back from a Ted Nugent concert in Ft. Worth, pretty nice campus, although I really couldnt see alot since it was 4 in the a.m.

Remington

9. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Everyone knows the SEC is the best conference in all the land:D . I am a Florida fan myself. Of course as long as we beat Florida State it is a good year. :)

Ira

10. neverendingproject

I dont know how Oklahoma came out on top. It took two overtimes to beat baylor, and we whipped the crap out of OSU. As for the Aggie/Baylor game, im stoked. All I know of aggie football is that if Franchione doesnt pull off a winning season this year, he's toast. Baylor has a new offense that I think will suprise a lot of people. As you said, we've been getting better and I think we'll go to a bowl game this year if we beat TCU.

Let the games begin!

11. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

You all shall bow down to a non conference team. The Irish will rule the land.

John

12. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Is that why a big 12 team won the championship???:wink1:

13. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah there was alot of hoopla this past year about Reggie Mcneal,he was an asshat and everybody knew it. He was caught early in the season last year after he shoplifted or something like that, and it was hush hush. Well apparently the entire team found out, and refused to play when Reggie was in for QB, not to mention he never came to practice. I forget what game it was, maybe tech or Oklahoma this past season, where Reggie was qb until the begining of the 4th quarter and was reaking up the field. As soon as Jason Mcgee was put in as qb, they instantly ran the ball up and down the field and scored 3 touchdowns withing 6 or 7 minutes, thats also why he didnt even dress out for the A&M/UT game. Yeah this should be a fun season, and who knows maybe the big12 will be in the Championship again this year.

Remington

14. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Virginia Tech Hokies... That is all

15. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

What exactly is a Hokie:p:

Ira

16. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

ASU and UCLA!

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Since I moved to Oklahoma I have grown very tired of hearing about college sports. I think it is some sort of state law that you are required to have either an OU or OSU front plate on your vehicle.

18. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

You sir are correct in your analysis of the SEC. However, your choice in teams with flourescent orange/pink colors is not so good. AUBURN WILL RULE THE SEC!!! WAR EAGLE!!!!

19. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] [​IMG]

gigem aggies....

20. Wishbone

Wishbone 1/2 ton status

BOOMER SOONER

Meet Mr. Adrain Peterson...

[​IMG]