Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NCBD'S By-Laws Updated 7/24

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by gokartergo, Jul 22, 2002.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

NCBD\'S By-Laws Updated 7/24

Ok I am not the best person at doing this.. But I gave it a try. Let me know what needs to be changed and what needs to be added.. I will leave this up untill July 26th.. Then I will make the changes in it and we will vote on it...Dan

Nor-Cal Big Dawgs By-Laws

This organization exists in order to bring together members for fun, family-oriented activities and enjoyment of our natural surroundings. This organization shall work to keep existing trails open and create new trails. Safety and user education will be emphasized. This club will work in concert with other user groups to maintain trails, keep open trails open, and organize events and any other purpose that the membership feels is necessary. This organization shall be non-profit in character.
    The objective of the club is enjoyment, not competition. Practices involving "daring" or "egging on" are not acceptable. Members must be left to choose for themselves what obstacles they prefer to try or go around.
    The philosophy of Tread Lightly must be adhered to as strictly as possible. This means that vehicles should stick to the trail whenever possible and respect the environment.
    If someone gets stuck, all vehicles must wait until the vehicle is freed. People are not required to help extract a stuck vehicle or perform other work on the trail but the sport does require a team effort. Vehicles may be left in the stuck position provided there is a consensus amongst the participants. People will never be left behind.
    Drivers clean up after themselves, if possible leave it cleaner then you found it.
    You are responsible for the behavior of guests traveling in your vehicles.
    Recommended equipment includes: ABC fire extinguisher, first aid kit, tow straps, tools, spare tire, axe, shovel, and CB Radio. Although these items are not "required" it is highly recommended that all club members carry these items. Spare parts such as u-joints, axles, drivelines, and basic tune up parts are suggested as well.
    Each rig should have tow points in both the front and the rear of the vehicle.
    Each member should have a thorough understanding of their vehicle, as well as, being capable and prepared to repair said vehicle in the event that it is needed.
    This is a family based organization and all members will act accordingly. Any member or guest acting in a manner deemed unfitting will be asked to leave. If said situation occurs again, the member in question may have their club membership permanently revoked at the determination of the club's Board of Directors.

As an organization that supports Tread Lightly, should one of our members be found to violate Tread Lightly practices, the situation shall be evaluated, and a fine of up to fifty ($50.00) dollars will be imposed.
    The fine will then be sent to the Tread Lightly organization in the form of a donation. A repeat violation of Tread Lightly policies shall constitute in having membership permanently revoked.

MEMBERSHIP AND DUES

1. Membership is open to owners of off-highway vehicles or OHV enthusiasts.
    2. Membership is open until the membership reaches 75 members at that time the Board of Directors will make a decision on what shall be done.
    3. Dues for this organization shall be $10.00 yearly (per family at one address).
    4. Dues are payable on January 31st of each year. Members who pay in the months of October, November or December will have a valid membership for those months and the following calendar year.
    5. To remain in good standing, a club member must pay his/her dues on or before the date of the January 31st. We recommend that you join CA4WDC.
    6. The minimum age for members shall be sixteen (16) years. Each member must hold a valid driver's license and have adequate insurance coverage. Members under 18 must be sponsored by a parent or guardian.
    7. All members must conduct themselves in a responsible, respectable and orderly fashion at all times. The Board of Directors shall have the power to expel members for misconduct.
    8.Absolutely NO Alcohol while on trails. (If you are intoxicated don't wheel, save it for the house or campground After you wheel.)

Governing body:
    The President of Nor-Cal Big Dawgs shall be voted in for a term of one year.
    The voting date shall be within the first week of every March.
    The President shall then appoint a 9-member board of directors and within that board of directors a Vice president, Treasurer, and Secretary.
    Limits of power:
    No member on the Board or President shall make any major decisions with out Board approval nor spend more then $50.00 of Nor-Cal Big Dawgs funds without Board approval.
    Has a General rule most major decisions will be voted upon by all members. If a decision must be made quickly. Then the President can call a vote of the Board of Directors.
    If a member does not abide by the recommended equipment list and is causing problems on the trail. (IE. No tow points and stuck in the mud.) The board can impose a $50.00 fine or if needed expulsion from the club. We all should know our limits, and the limits of our rigs. If you are not prepared for a obstacle you should not attempt that obstacle.

2. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Re: NCBD\'S By-Laws

sounds good to me.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
    Cool DanO!
    I just read thru it and sounds very good!
    Power to the People!!
    Happy Monday!! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

4. crawlerfj40

crawlerfj40 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/grin.gifSounds good Dan Damn your good /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. BlazenHeart

BlazenHeart 1/2 ton status

Sounds great Dan /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I can't think of anything else to add.

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Look's good..

7. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

looks good to me

8. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Looks great, Dan!

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Looks good to me, here are a few things that I'd like to suggest -

A clause specifically banning consumption of alcohol on the trails (some people think it's OK to have a couple, they still think they are safe - I disagree, drinking any quantity while driving on the trails should be banned).

A procedure for adopting a new by-law, should the need arise.

Perhaps a meeting schedule as well if people think that it's neccessary, and the method of voting for officers.

Don't you think that all officers should be voted in to avoid the president appointing his cronies rather than the best candidate? I realize that the club is small now so this isn't an issue, but in the future it may arise.

This club will hopefully last for many years, so we need to think about these by-laws in the long term. No offense intended, the by-laws you wrote are great, I'm just throwing out ideas...</font color>

10. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Sounds all good and well. I do agree with Shaggy on the issue of D.U.I.O.T. (driving under influence on trail) This can cause a serious hazard for themselves as well as others on the trail. One other issue might be pack out what you packed in like garbage and such just a thought.
    Thanx,
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

11. gokartergo

I will add something about the alcohol consumption...My feeling on the board of Directors is. That you have enough faith in the person you voted in you should be able to trust his judgement on the board.. I have to work closly with all board members and vice pres.. To me if the members votes in somebody that the president as issues with it could cause a problem.. I don't have issues with anybody in the club..well maybe Ryan for calling me a dirty old man...LOL. But I was trying to think ahead in the future...Dan

12. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

I'm a drunk I cna't join, j/k I don't have insurnace right now but will be getting it very soon, I have to get ma blazer smoged in sep. So it is maditory that I have it, even if I didn't have to get it smogged I would wstill get it /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Anyways who do I send my info too?

Thanks

13. gokartergo

Send your name and email and address and phone #'s to NOSMOG73. For the $10.00 please PM Dunerunner Thanks Dan

14. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

The Laws look Great. If any tweeking is needed thats fine.
    I agree about the DUIOT while on the trail.

15. gokartergo

I added # 8.... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

16. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I don't have issues with anybody in the club..well maybe Ryan for calling me a dirty old man...LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
    LMAO! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Hey sorry Dan.
    ...Just don't ban me from CK5! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Good Job Prez!

...And I'll ask on Eric (UseYourBlinker's) behalf... How strongly will the drinking and driving by-law be enforced.
    He was a maniac after the raffle at blazerfest...I was almost ready to slap a citizens arrest on his @ss... HE was out of control.

17. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Recommended equipment includes: ABC fire extinguisher, first aid kit, tow straps, tools, spare tire, axe, shovel, and CB Radio. Although these items are not "required" it is highly recommended that all club members carry these items.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I am sorry but I do not see what the problem is with making these few things mandatory. CA4WDC makes these things mandatory on there runs. The way I see it, if your to cheap to buy a fire extinguisher maybe you should not be out there. Not making the CB amust have, I can see that, but every thing else........

18. gokartergo

The reason we don't make it mandatory is because. . We are all adults and know that we should have them. So just go get them.. I don't want to have to be the bad guy at a run and tell somebody they can't go because they don't have a jack. When there will probably be 10 jacks on that run. Yes I agree that it should be mandatory. But we are all here for fun.. Not a lot of rules.. We live in a state that already has to many rules...Dan.

19. gokartergo

RyanB just giving you a bad time... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

20. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

If you are intoxicated don't wheel, save it for the house or campground After you wheel.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for looking out for me...guy's! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif