Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NDI Single Side Band CB??

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by MilpitasK5, Oct 19, 2002.

1. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Anyone know what that is?
    My pops has one sittin' in the garage and I'm thinking of hookin' it up! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    He says it's good but it's from the old school. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    What do ya'll think?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Hook it up and see if it works. I'm not familure with NDI. Is it a 40 channel, or just a 23 ???

3. MilpitasK5

Not sure. I'll pull it out of the cabinet tomorrow and mess with it.
    thanks,
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. MilpitasK5

Okay... My dad says that it has 40 channel plus the different "bands". Did know exactly what he was talking about but said it ended up being 123 total channels. It has a PA option. Is this gonna be good enough? Does anyone know how far the range is on something like that? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Thanks in advance!

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What kind of range you'll get out of it depends on a few things. I would recomend you take it into a CB shop and have it peaked and tuned. Let them set you up with a good antenna and make sure the SWR's are okay. I like the 102" whip, but it's a big antenna. For a shorter one I'd use a K-40 or a Wilson 5000.