Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nearly brought home a pet deer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 30, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

We had just loaded a parts Blazer onto my trailer, and I was talking to a guy I know, Tony, and out of nowhere, this deer just walks right past us, within 10 feet from us.

We both just stopped and stared, as not to scare it away, but after a bit realized it wasn't worried about us one bit. We just kept talking and it stayed right around my truck eating grass.

After about 15 minutes, I went to get in my truck where the deer was standing next to my drivers side, and slowly got up within about 3 feet of the deer, which just looked up and stared at me, with an un-worried look.

Then, as I drove off in the truck, I watched as the deer followed Tony to his car, as if it was ready to go with. Then it just stared at us as we both drove off, as if it was wanting to go with. I've never been that close to a live deer before, and never seen one so tame that just came out of the wild.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

thats cool, how old was it? still a young fawn?

i almost took a fawn home once i saw it about 50 yards up the road from a dead deer that got hit must have been its mother, the fawn was only a few days old too, very small.

but i wasent driveing and it wasent my car that that was out.:frown1:

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

It prolly was young and lost its momma, you were the next best thing :grin:

Very cool getting close to wildlife. When I was horseback once I ran across a fawn being born. After the birth, the momma ran off so I walked up and wiped off the fawn. I then waited till the momma came back and claimed her fawn. It was one of those peaceful moments that makes a guys week.

4. mountainexplorer

This one looked fully grown, and not all that young.

5. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Put out a feeder, and you'll have that pet deer. I love close encounters, especially with peaceful animals (exluding the deer from "when animals go wild") where the guy put mating spray all over himself and got his ass kicked.

6. mountainexplorer

Well, unfortunately it was someone else property a long ways from my place, so I doubt I'll ever see it again. It was funny that you mention "when animals attack". We were both wondering if this would turn into one of those episodes.

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Hmmm.....the phrase "taking home a deer" made me think of the movie Tommy Boy with Chris Farley. You don't have a convertible do you?:D :doah: :haha: :yikes: :rotfl:

8. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

9. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We got deer like that around here there is about 12 -15 in teh back yard at a time. When i leave for work they are usually on my deck and you can walk with in 4-5 feet before they even pickup their heads it's cool

10. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I used to go to an orchard outside Occidental, CA to pick my own apples. I would pick the apples and my wife would keep the deer from stealing them out of our basket. It was a wonderful and frustrating experience.