Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

neat concept....does it work??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tiger9297, Jun 14, 2006.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I heard about this setup today for the first time. I have posted here many times that I tow a 28ft. TT with my K5 all the time. I use weight distribution bars and an anti-sway bar, but thought this setup was really neat. Wonder if it is that much better than the setup I have. It "moves" the pivot point some 40+ inches AHEAD of the actual ball. Supposedly, drastically reduces sway by making it tow like a 5th wheel. There seems to be quite a bit of debate/controversy out there about whether this thing really works. I think I undertand the concept :crazy:, and it seems that it would work well. Anyone have any experience with it? http://www.hensleymfg.com/whatisthearrow.html
    http://mday.day.net/hensleycon.html

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  2. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

My dad used one with their travel trailer and swore by it. I never got to pull it though.

3. mlaux

mlaux 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

$3,000.00!!:eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1:

Wow, that's a chunk of change.

I sure do wish some company would rent one tons so I could tow my junk and not worry about my K5 ending up in the ditch.

5. mlaux

mlaux 1/2 ton status Premium Member

6. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

HOLY SMOKE!!!!!! I didn't realize they were that high :doah: . Now that I think about it my setup works just fine. You would think at that price there would be no doubt about its effectiveness. I have looked on some other boards since I posted here and there are some very heated debates over this thing. Some say it moves the pivot point ahead of the ball, while others adamantly insist that it moves the pivot point behind the ball. FWIW it moves it ahead. (I think :D )

7. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

For 3 grand you can just pick up a crew cab and never have to worry about it.

8. midget

midget Registered Member

sway

i pull a 25 foot airstream trailer wit a k5 with 64 12 leaf rear pack with a similar type of load distribution device and it does work very will. that one you showed looks excessive,,, i think mine was 400$ or so.. it is really not rocket science.