Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need 205 help.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Brocky, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Have a slight parts store problem. I phoned up NAPA the other day looking for the rear output seal for my 205 transfer case. Now I dont know much detail on these cases but I have the factory slip yoke elimator. My slip is in the shaft. The guy on the phone asked me if its new process 205 or 2nd gen. All I knows is that its cast and that I needs the seal. Any help would be appreciated. Thxs

2. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

3. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

i would just pull the seal out and take the old one with you to napa or other parts store to verify what u are getting, the problem is you know what u need and could prolly walk in the back and find it before their workers could find it in the book or computer lmao, similar scenario this weekend when i rebuilt a 95 dodge ram 1/2 ton rear, put all new seals and the outter pinion bearing and i knew it was the big 9 inch and not the 8 and a 1/4 whatever but napa still wouldnt tell me on the phone if they had my parts or not so i got pissed and went there myself and got them.

4. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

5. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Thxs guys, I guess I am best off pulling mine and bringing it in to match up.