Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need 2nd Gen owners opinions. Over head console w/speakers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Z3PR, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I posted something 2nd gen owners might find intresting in the Audio forum. Tread: 2nd Gen Overhead Console with Speakers. I'm posting this information for everyone who doesn't normally go to the audio forum. I'm just looking for 2nd gen owners opinions. Thanx. http://www.acmetruckparts.com/photos/P23004.JPG

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: Audio forum-Need 2nd Gen owners opinions

Anybody's opinion ????

3. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

is it available in all colors and how $$$$$$$$$$ and what wattage will those speakers hold ??? looks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifnice

4. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

I have seen those before and have always thought about getting one. How much are they? I'm sure you would probably replace the speakers with better ones right? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't think two speakers firning into the back of my head would be optimal, but it looks swell.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's listed for $199.95. Not sure what all colors it comes in, it's made od ASB plastic, so it wouldn't be a problem to paint it. The speakers that come with it (4 inch) are rated at 10 watts, so yes, I would replace them with something better. I like how it has the headunit and speakers up high. Probley work for someone with a K5 like mine. My truck came out the factory with a single speaker in the center of the dash, and none on the sides and none in the back. In the future I will get good speakers in better locations, but for now it would be some tunes. I've got a good headunit in the closet, but haven't been in a rush to install it becouse of lack of speakers, and I really don't want to cut the dash. This over head console will work for my needs at the moment. Just add a pair of subs and it'll be good to go till I can aford to build the big stereo system I'm dreaming of. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

looks cool. explain exactly how it sets up, does it cover the entire roof ? where would you get it at ? how about the option of a sun roof, how would that fit into the equation ? thanks for any info. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't know about a sunroof, and I do belive it will cover from the wind shield back to the removable half top, and side to side. I seen it in my ACME truck parts catolog. www.acmetruckparts.com

9. dgface

dgface Registered Member

Rocko's 89 Blazer he just bought has one installed in it. Doesn't look to bad but don't think he likes it. Maybe you could ask for his opinon. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Is Rocko's 89 Blazer his user name ???

11. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Also posted this in the audio forum, I don't use the speakers in mine. My dad bought it to replace the sagging headliner, I might put something in it later on, not sure.

[​IMG]

12. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

That looks kinda cool.

13. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

The speakers are kinda crappy( I really mean to say that they suck, hardcore) My buddy got tired of them making nasty lope sounds when a good mid-line would hit..... play back in black with them and you'll understand. What he did though, which made it all good, was to use them for CB aux./scanner speakers so he can really hear what is going on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I would defently replace the speakers it comes with, with something better !!!! I'm a big fan of the "Infinity Kappa's"

15. NWfrogman

NWfrogman Newbie

Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth. I've been trying to get one of these things for about 6 weeks now. They simply don't exist as far as I can tell.
    I tried ordering one through a local place and never heard back from him. I hounded him until he finally said they don't make it for my year anymore. Next I tried getting one through JCWhitney. After 2 weeks they cancelled my order with the explanation that availability was in question.
    Then I ran into your post and thought I'd hit the jackpot. I called up AcmeTruckParts.com and they said "sure we can get it". When I continued with the order they said "Oops, we don't do Blazers, only Pick-ups".
    I got them to give me the name and number of the manufacturer. That would be: Hoese Corporation, P.O. Box 41, Belverde, TX 78163 1-800-594-2008. They informed me that they don't make any of those headliners anymore for anything.
    @#$%!!!
    If anybody knows of one of these things for a '78 K5 Blazer sitting on a shelf somewhere collecting dust, point it in my direction!
    I'm currently pursueing either the Tuffy single mount overhead console, or making something myself similar to the Samuri or the Blue Knight posts.
    Somebody also mentioned using one out of a Suburban. Is it possible to mount a stereo in one of those? Details please. Photos if possible!
    Thanks.

16. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I have one and just so you know, Almost any aftermarket 4" speaker will fit but the grills won't in the center unless they are thin!
    Bill

17. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

i think its just plain ol' "rocko" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif