Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need 4x4 shop in Northern Il.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by keeferk5, May 3, 2002.

1. keeferk5

keeferk5 Registered Member

I am looking for a 4x4 shop inNo. IL the one that I tried last has had my Jeep for a MONTH doing a susp. lift & tires, the owner won't call me back and I was supposed to finally pick it up last night, after driving 30 min. to find out that no one was there(shop guys don't answer the phone) I'm fed up. I will not only never use this shop again, but will advise anyone that I know to avoid this place. Sorry for venting.

2. 91gmcjimmyCH_IL

91gmcjimmyCH_IL 1/2 ton status

I know of two shops in norhtern Illinios. The first is Lake County 4 wheel drive located in waukegan or north chicago. I have never had him do any work but he seems to be knowlegable. He is kind of grumpy and If you don't know what you are talking about don't expect him to explain it. The second I know of is in Mchenry and I think it is called adoms four wheel drive or something like that. I have had no experience with them but I have heard that it is a qaulity shop. I hope this helps at all. How far away are you from Grayslake?

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Most 4x4 shops are way too expensive and the people that work there are pricks ! Do it yourself ( if you can ) and save a ton of money and get the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I've got a real nice shop - RIGHT IN MY DRIVEWAY! I'm with Riz... do it yourself if possible... otherwise get out here and ask the folks here if they can help you! I'm in IL too... and would be willing to help if you came to me. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Good luck getting the truck back safely!

-Dan

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm in IL too. I've actually met 91gmcjimmyCH_IL, he's a cool guy. I'm sure all of us can help you out.

P.S. will work for beer.

6. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I live in Champaign, IL. (NorthEast IL) The only one I know if is Chambana 4x4. There are a couple of us from the board in the northern part of the state. Ive had the pleasure of meeting Dan(krazie 87k5) and hes a super nice guy. Id try to recruit some help for further projects. Most work for cheap(BEER!)

7. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

8. keeferk5

keeferk5 Registered Member

Thanks for all the help, I would love to have a No. Il colorodok5 get to gether, I'm in Aurora, By the way my heep is done the shop owner's G-ma was killed in a car accident, he made it up to me by knocking a bunch of $$ off the bill and giving me some free stuff.

9. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear you got it all worked out. I have met that "BigMeats" guy.. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Not quite sure about that guy /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif hehe just teasin you Carl. I meant to meet up with Matt, "Outlaw612", never really worked out. Seems like a great guy though. Anyway, I think a little meeting might be fun.