Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need 69-72 Body Mount Cushion Kit

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LoBo, Feb 20, 2002.

1. LoBo

LoBo Registered Member

Looking for information on where to buy the body mount cushion kit for a 69-72 chevy K-5 blazer.

Possibly interested in other parts for same year.

2. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

You can get them from LMC www.lmctruck.com for 129.95 plus tax, plus shipping. Part no. 30-0115 for 69-70 and part no. 30-0117 for 71-72. It comes with rubber mounts, sleeves, bolts, and shims, everthing you need to install it but bolts. You can get Polyurethan body mounts for $119.95 plus tax and shipping part no. 34-0125, but it doesn't come with bolts. I paid $35 for poly bushings at the swap meet, and $25 for bolts at Lowes. I think JC Whitney also sells the kits www.jcwhitney.com, but I don't have prices for them.

Diesel

Shouldn't it be called uncommon sense?

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

what swap meet did you find those mounts at dieselmh?
    I'm here in tx also..

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I bought my urethane body bushings from Summit for $85 (in case you can't find any at a swap meet). I got my bolts from Orchard Supply Hardware for less than $10.

5. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I got them at the Montgomery County fair swap meet last year. The vendor was there again this year, but he doesn't carry bolts, just body mounts.

Diesel

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Dieselmh>My crappy pics.</a>

6. NuBombs72K5

NuBombs72K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Steve,
    What are the pluses and minuses of orignianal rubber and poly mounts. That is next on my list to do. This truck will be a driver and see very little off-road time. Any Suggestions?

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuo30>See My Blazer</a>

7. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

The original rubber mounts are nice. The ones I've seen available for purchase through some of the suppliers are made in the Far East. I have been told that they wear out pretty fast (bulge, sag). I don't know if you can get GM mounts any more. The polyurethane mounts are a lot stiffer than the rubber ones. I don't think the'll sag anywhere near as fast, but if you're a rock-crawler who is after every last ounce of flex, rubber will be better because the urethane won't let the frame twist as much in relation to the body.

8. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Just so everyone knows, I just got off the phone with Outback Truck Parts here in Spring, TX and he carries the entire kit for $100 plus tax. He says that the material that they are made out of is in between rubber and urethane as far as flexability. He said that they hold up better than rubber, but aren't quite as stiff as urethane. There isn't a price on the web page, but I called and he said $100. Check 'em out. They seemed really nice and went out of their way to answer all my questions. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.outbacktruckparts.com/>Outback</a>

Diesel

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Dieselmh>My crappy pics.</a>