Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need a 205 shifter

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by mplogic, Aug 10, 2003.

1. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Need a tcase shifter for a 205 going into my bro's 77 Jimmy. Don't know if the stock 203 bezel will work so I'd like to get the bezel, boot, all linkages and anything else I might need for this conversion.

If you shoot me an offer, please include shipping to Scottsdale, AZ 85260.

Thanks!

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

How tough are they to pull? I spotted one the other day in a wrecking yard. It was a mid 70's 465/205. Might be too much trouble to get out though...

I don't know much about 205/203's but the shifter *looked* the same from inside the truck. If they are the same, I know where a couple 203's are.

I forget the name of the yard right now. I'll jog my memory if you want to go look at it.

3. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the offer but it's probably not worth pulling. Was hoping somone had one loose already laying around.

Somone on the forum has one they can ship, was just checking to see if I could find it local first.

Thanks!
    Tim

4. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I agree. Its way too hot to pull it. I pulled both axle shafts out of that rig today. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Anyways, it is still there and they want $20 for the shifter assembly. If you are interested, it is the yard directly south of Ecology Auto. I can't remember the name but it is on the same side of the street, just south of the tracks.

Good Luck

5. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I forgot to mention - They just lowered their prices on several things. Including: Transfer cases for $57 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif If anybody needs a 205 out of a 73 with a 4 speed, here is your chance to get one cheap. There is also a couple 203's in there...

6. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

wow I should check 'em out.

Thanks for the info.

7. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    If you still need the shifter and stuff either PM me or reply to this message. I just twin sticked mine and have shifter, shifter knob, As far as linkage goes I have the metal bar and stuff that connects to the shifter lever. I used the pins that go through the shifter rods though. Let me know. Its sitting on the bench in the garage. This all came out of my 70 Jimmy. Not sure if its the same or not. I also have the boot.