Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a 6.2

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by BurbLover, Feb 15, 2005.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Anyone got a running 6.2? Closer to Colorado the better. Mine blew a few weeks ago & I'd like to get another on ein before summer gets here.

2. rd durham

rd durham Registered Member

American & Import Salvage on highway 94 has a 1982 Suburban with a 6.2. I have no idea what condition the truck is in so you'd have to check it out. I am planning on taking a look at it this Friday to get a few odds and ends for my 6.2 installation in my 1979 Jimmy.

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'm very familier with that place out on 94. With the exception of A1, that's my main source. I guess I'll call shawn tomorrow & see if it's a runner or not. Thanks for the lead. It didn't come up on my car-part.com locator.

4. Blazr77400

Blazr77400 1/2 ton status

I have a 6.2 that I was stealing parts off of. The motor is good, I just had a better one in the truck already. You would just have to swap a couple pieces over to it, like an intake manifold.
    Only $100 if you come and get it. Or I can ship it at your cost.

5. rd durham

Here's another source.

Colorado Springs - Thrifty Nickel
    1982 CHEVROLET 3/4 ton diesel, parting out cheap. 228-9303.

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. I called on it & it's a builder. Smokes too much to pass emmissions. I'll check w/ Shawn at Am & Imports.

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

8. rd durham

Mark,

Did you ever find an engine? I know of one other that might be available, but it would be sometime later in March. I'll be helping my younger sister swap in a low miles 6.2 out of a CUCV. The engine that is coming out of her Blazer might be availabe. She has talked about selling it and also about keeping it so I'm not sure just what she would do, but it might be worth a shot. I think it has in excess of 250,000 miles. The only things that I know that are issues are a leaking rear main and it has an injector that is sticking. She might sell the complete engine or just the long block. I towed a Scout II Traveler (6000+ lbs.) with it last summer and it did pretty good hauling it to the other side of the Springs and back to Black Forest when I had to get the VIN inspected on that truck.

9. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I would be interested if I haven't got one by then. I found one local that I can get for 350 that ran good. It just needs my injector pump.

10. fbronson

fbronson 1/2 ton status

How much were you thinking about spending on the engine? I've got a completely remanufactured 6.2L. Rebuilt pump, new pistons and rings, all new bearings (Cam bearings, main bearings, connecting rod bearings), cylinders have been honed and bored, all new gaskets everywhere, new vacuum pump, and the crack was ground 0.010" for a new finish. The heads were also rebuilt and have new valve springs, new valve seats, new valve guides, the vavles were ground, new valve seals (on the valve stem), and of course the heads were surface ground. I've got about $2500 into this, and was hoping to get most of it back out. Let me know if you are interested at all. The engine should be good for another 100,000 miles or so.

11. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I found one with a 30 day warranty for $350

$2500 is just way more than I can afford. Otherwsie, sounds like a good engine.

12. fbronson

fbronson 1/2 ton status

No problem. That's great that you found an engine for $350! I should have done that, but when I first got myself into this rebuild, I had no idea it was going to cost so much! Oh well, live and learn, huh!