Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need a big favor please

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by paul_cfh, May 29, 2000.

1. paul_cfh

paul_cfh Registered Member

here is my problem ........on my 78 some one laid 1/4 inch dimond plate for a floor in the back (to replace old floor) they did and awsome job but they did not put the old tail pan back on .......what i need is a picture of a blazer with the tailgate down so that i can see what that looks like with the tail pan intact so i can deside what i will have to do before i order a new one .........i would realy apretiate it (spelled that all wrong) .......thank you and sorry for the long post

[​IMG]<font color=blue>where the road ends the fun begins</font color=blue>[​IMG]

2. MuleMaster

MuleMaster 1/2 ton status

3. MuleMaster

4. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Did his pictures work?

If you need more I have one that is still assembled<smile> Just tell me what you need pics of and I will go take them <love my digital camera>
    Thanks

Vincent Michels
    1978 Blazer
    Bruiser (Frost white/Black top/ Light Blue interior)

5. paul_cfh

paul_cfh Registered Member

hey thanks a million man .............did you replace the floors in that blazer ? how big of a job was it ..........the person that owned mine replaced the front floors too but they made there own floor (rather than buy premolded) so they kinda suck .........how do you recomend i go about replacing it ( i have welding exsperience as i used to race stock cars in high school and up till last year) ive just never done a repo...........anyway thanks again i didnt expect you guys to come through so fast ..........this sight never ceases to amase me .....thanks guys

[​IMG]<font color=blue>where the road ends the fun begins</font color=blue>[​IMG]

6. MuleMaster

Hey Paul,
    I was lucky enough to get a blazer with an intact floor (rust seems to have concentrated on the rocker boards and the wheel wells). So the floor was only cleaned and painted. Sorry that I'm no help on replacing the floor ...
    Good luck
    MuleMaster

Chevy Truck - Like A Rock!
    <font color=blue>http://www.geocities.com/projectmule/</font color=blue>

7. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

MuleMaster,

What is it costing you to get the inside and outside painted?

8. MuleMaster

Toad,
    I couldn't tell You the exact price for the painting on the inside. My friend Martin, The Magician did all the work (take the body off the frame, new sheet metal, frame resto, body and suspension lift, and so on including reassembling) for a fixed price (He wouldn't do that again, he didn't make any profit). We agreed upon $6500.00 including all the material he needed. Please keep in mind that labor cost is pretty much higher here in Europe. The paint shop charges me with another $2100.00 for the outside paint.
    Yes, having a Blazer is quite expensive over here in Austria, especially if You know that fuel is at $3.80 per gallon!
    CU
    MuleMaster

Chevy Truck - Like A Rock!
    <font color=blue>http://www.geocities.com/projectmule/</font color=blue>