Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a carpet manufacturer that is good

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crawlink5, Jul 29, 2006.

1. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

Having a little trouble with carpet that I ordered from JC Whitney (drop shipped from ACS). Very poor fit. Returning it.

The rear piece covered only about two-thirds of the rear floor. The wheel well pieces were about 4 inches too short (didn't go to floor). The front piece was too long and there was no friggin way it was going to conform to the floor shape.

My factory carpet had the seam between the front and rear at the step up to the rear section (right in front of the rear seat). The 1978 had the extra foot room for the rear passengers. I need carpet to fit this Blazer as I want to use the original carpet hold-downs.

It appears that most companies are selling carpet for 1978 to 1991 blazers as one part number. I think that is not correct. Aren't they different?

So, who do ya'll buy from?

2. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

3. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

I dont think any aftermarket will be as good as OE. I bought a carpet set back in 2000 for my K-5 and it fit really well but even with dark tinted windows it is horribly faded. I bought it from an interior specialty shop in Dallas and it looks very similar to the one in LMC.

4. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

i had purchased the carpet set from lmctruck.com and it indeed fit pritty well and has not faded yet. although i havent seen the inside of my wifes blazer in a while (been busy with my own) i couldnt tell you for sure but maybe that helps. i dont have the rear carpet anymore in my blazer so that doesnt help, and the front carpet in mine is from JC whitney, mine fit ok but it was not formed well. so i took a couple pieces of angle iron and sat them down on it where needed to make it work.! none of this probably helps but...
    LUKE

5. TheSunDanceKid

TheSunDanceKid Registered Member

i just replaced the carpet in my 89 blazer about 2 weeks ago i just went to lowes and got black outdoor carpet for like deck and padio and just cut everything to fit it was like a 6' by 15' piece just took the seats out laid it down cut wholes for the 4x4 shifter and all that crap looks pretty damn nice and its woven alot shorter so its more like the carpet say on like your sub box so its easier to clean and crap doesnt get all stuck in it took me a few hours to install but in the end i payed a total of 30bucks and it turned out pretty well

6. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

How about insualtion? I live in a hot environment.

7. TheSunDanceKid

TheSunDanceKid Registered Member

i used 1/4 inch carpet foam the only problem with it is its kinda like house carpet foam if you spill liquid on it and it soaks in to it but when i go camping and lay the back seats down and sleep in the back its so much more conertable yea i live in arizona so its hot as **** it does keep the truck a little cooler

8. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

A1 customs off of ebay. real nice fit, wasn't high priced either for being a crewcab.