Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a clue

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jimmyjack, Oct 12, 2002.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Ok, I was given a set of 315 16 tires and wheels ( 8 lug). I have a 14 bolt sitting in the yard. What do I need to convert the front from 6 to 8 lug? I'm thinking just the rotor and outer hub? Or the spindle too. My mind is just not working and this computer needs an oil change cos it's just not moving fast enuff to do a search. Can you help me out and tell me it's not harder than that!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

never done it but if you stay in the same design series I think you need the caliper bracket and hub assemblies including rotors.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Caliper bracket as in the whole backing plate? And the spindle doesn't have to be swapped either I don't think. I'll take a deeper look into it tomorrow, gonna repack the wheel bearings so it'll be a good excuse. I thought there was a write up on a swap. It'll only take an hour to search it /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

OK I found the write up ( good job Waxer) I need to replace the spindles as well. I guess to accomodate the larger bearings. Looks like I'll be lugging around 2 spares for awhile /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    What do I need to convert the front from 6 to 8 lug?

[/ QUOTE ] Best thing I can think of for that conversion is a Dana 60. LOL. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I have a 14 bolt sitting in the yard

[/ QUOTE ]
    Full or semi floater?

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

It's a full floater Wes and it's in really good shape. I think I'll replace the seals and let it fly. I'm gonna have a friend weld the spiders for me. It's out of a 77 Chevy. Do I have to have any specific back spacing or will it be a direct bolt in?