Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a clutch quick!!! best/cheap/local buy options?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rebelk5frk, Nov 19, 2003.

1. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Alright I know the "what's the best clutch?" question has been covered before but.....

My pressure plate and/or throw out bearing took a dump on me tonight in the middle of traffic and I need to get it fixed in the next couple of days. I'm getting new pressure plate, bearing, and disk even though the disk was replaced just over a year ago. I don't feel like tearing that heavy trans out again anytime soon. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

What's the best bang for the buck that I can pick up at a local parts store? Autozone, Napa, Pepboys, ABC, Advanced, O'Reilleys are my options.

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i picked one up at carquest for $75 plus core /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Napa sells a Zoom clutch which you can get with a lifetime warranty for $140. I have that in mine.

Autozone can order you a Luk clutch which everyone raves about.

4. rebelk5frk

[ QUOTE ]
    Napa sells a Zoom clutch which you can get with a lifetime warranty for $140. I have that in mine.

Autozone can order you a Luk clutch which everyone raves about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to check into the Napa clutch. I seem to remember seeing good things on here about them... I just don't remember everything that was said and haven't found it in searches yet.

I can't wait around to order a clutch. I need to have it done before Friday. That's why I'm looking for "in stock" choices.

5. Ben

Ben Registered Member

I bought the Luk one time and had no luck with it. Maybe it was just a fluke. Don't know. It went out at 6200 miles! Was I a happy camper!? Then went back to centerforce and had no problems. The CF now has over 75,000 miles on it. Pretty good I'd say.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

IIRC, centerforce clutches use a Luk disc.

7. rebelk5frk

Well I picked up one from Napa today... I believe it was around $130. I don't remember what brand it is without looking at the box but I do know that AdvancAuto sells the same one with the same lifetime warranty(but they have to special order) for about 10 bucks less.

I'm kinda pissed though because when I tracked down a place to have my flywheel resurfaced, it turned out to be a clutch/machine/etc/etc shop. I could have gotten a slightly better one for about the same price with the machine work tossed in for free. Ah well.... teach me to call every place in town next time. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif