Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a Complete New Wiring Harness HELP!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RockBurb, Apr 15, 2002.

1. RockBurb

RockBurb 1/2 ton status

Ok, I need a wiring harness for an 86 k5, wondering what people suggest. Ive heard painless wiring a lot but 450 is an awful lot. Any other options? Thanks!

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

which harness?
    chevs are wired nice in that each area has its own harness that plugs into the firewall connector

3. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Being a faithfull reader of Rod & Custom, I have come across a reputable place that sells wiring harnesses for a lot less than Painless. Only problem is that I can't seem to remember the company's name right now. I'll look it up in one of my mags and post it for you later.

4. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Heres a couple That I've found, www.centechwire.com , and www.ezwiring.com The second one is a crappy website but the cheapest I've found so far ($195).

Why you need to rewire? burn it up? Got a birds' nest you dont want to sort out? I've been thinking about rewiring mine too, doing a diesel to gas engine swap and don't like the idea of all the chopped up wires around.

Sam

5. RockBurb

RockBurb 1/2 ton status

I bought a blazer tub and frame that are in mint condition. The tub had an electrical fire and needs a new harness. I still think I got a good deal for 300 bones.

6. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Yup, ezwiring is the place I was talking about. They advertise heavily in Rod & Custom and their wiring harnesses are color coded and appear to be very easy to install. I've never been on their website, though.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Nothing wrong with getting one from someone parting one out or the 'yard. Pretty cheap, I think I even saw one in the for sale section on this board just yesterday.

8. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I bought a Painless wiring harness from a member of this site. I got it used but it is complete and it fits my application.
    It only cost $100.

Try and get one from some one that is selling a truck or thinking of parting out their truck.

9. Ryan88Jimmy

Ryan88Jimmy Registered Member

If you can wait a couple of days, I'm trying to get a group buy started for painless wiring. I'll be posting the details in the for sale forum once I find out more.
    Ryan