Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a console for my 72'

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gjk5, Sep 8, 2004.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Need a console for my 72\'

I'm looking for a good aftermarket console, I don't like the factory ones very much so I was hoping for some suggestions.

I want plenty of room, a lock, drink holders and as many storage compartments as possible. Preferably metal (I will have a gun locked in it.)

Any good ideas for a storage locker for the bed would be appreciated as well.

2. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

Re: Need a console for my 72\'

steele horse makes some nice boxes. i have also seen a couple guy's put over the wheelwell boxes in our trucks as long as you don't cage it they should fit.

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Craftsman makes a bed box that goes behind the wheel hump in the back but doesnt protrude into the rest of the bed, they lock, are made of metal, you can get them with drawers if you want... its not a console though.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I may try that on the driver's side, I've got the aux. tank over the wheel well on pass. side. I'll check out the steel horse website and see what I can find. Thanks.

5. jerry303

jerry303 Registered Member

I will be getting a Tuffy Security Console, one of the ones with the DIN slot. Looks to be very secure, and its padded. Sorta pricey, but seems to be worth it.

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

What's the part number on that one, their website is kind of a pain in the ass.

Also, steel horse website is down, so I couldn't look there.

7. jerry303

Lot's of places carry them, not sure who would have the best price as I am not in the market as of yet(I only wish... I have enough parts that I haven't put on yet) but there is a review of them here though, it is a jeep website it still gives you a pretty good idea of what it's like expect the one that you would likely get for a fullsize is wider, they have three different sizes I beleive, and IIRC the one for fullsizes(the largest one they make, also) is 12.5".

8. jerry303

I feel so stupid now... I was thinking that I have seen a review on a fullsize website, DURRR

9. jeffer

jeffer 1/2 ton status

I had a Tuffy security console in my LandCruiser FJ60. It was the non-stereo one. I think they are worth every penny. I had a $500 CD changer mounted in it (had a cheepie tape deck in the dash to control it so it was less conspicuous.) Lots of room for junk (the one I had was ~10" wide, I believe K5s can fit the 12.5" with even more room.) The padded armrest and cupholders are great. I am definitely going to get one for my Blazer (eventually.)