Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a count of the needle bearings in the tailshaft for a 205.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Oct 7, 2002.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I took the tailshaft off to let Donovan machine it for my speedo crap. When I removed it, all the needle bearings fell out. I gathered them all up and put them in a Zip-Loc bag along with the big ball bearing. Well, I finally got around to putting it back together tonight. Started putting the needle bearings in with wheel bearing grease, and it looks like I'm missing one. I counted them, and came up with 45. There looks to be just enough space in the race for one more. Am I ok with 45 or am I missing one? If so, it's either on the trailer it's sitting on, or it's in the case. If it's in the case, anyone got a good way of getting it out without taking the big lower cover off? Thanks.

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

Little help here? It's boring and it's starting to rain, and I've already done all of my schoolwork. May I go out and play with the 205 now?

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

THIS BLOWS GOATS FOR QUARTERS!!! TONYP says that the 205's have 32 needle bearings. I must have one FUBAR'd 205 then, because both me and my dad have counted those darn things, and both of us come up with 45 and room for one more. I must have lost it in the case. Time to go fishing! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I probably have one if you need it. Remind me what diameter and length they are.