Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a favor: 89-91 K5s and Sub

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerFarm, Jun 16, 2003.

1. BlazerFarm

BlazerFarm Texagonian Premium Member

Can someone that has a 89-91 Blazer or Suburban do me a favor? I just got a pair of K1500 door emblems (from another CK5 member). The PO took them off the truck I have when they painted it and never put them back on.

I need the measurements so I can place them on the door. They are the standalone emblems without the door trim although I think the measurements are the same as the ones that are imbedded in the trim. I need the measurement from the front of the door to the front edge of the emblem and the bottom of the door to the bottom edge of the emblem.

I sure appreciate it. Thanks a lot.
    --Don

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I will do it tomorrow if nobody gets back to ya first.

-Brian

3. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

my 91 with the embedded measures 6 3/4 up from bottom of door to bottom of the "1" in 1500; 7 1/2 back from leading edge of door. (not measuring to the strip, but the "1" on the strip....)
    Hope that helps.

4. BlazerFarm

[ QUOTE ]
    my 91 with the embedded measures 6 3/4 up from bottom of door to bottom of the "1" in 1500; 7 1/2 back from leading edge of door. (not measuring to the strip, but the "1" on the strip....)
    Hope that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. That bottom measurement works for me but I'm kind of confused about your measurement to the "1" in 1500. Which side of the truck are you measuring on? If you go to the 1 the measurement will change since the emblem changes depending on the side you are looking at.

I need the measurement to either the front of the bowtie (on the driver's side emblem) or the end of the last "0" in 1500 (on the passenger side emblem). On either side it'll be the measurement from the front edge of the emblem to the front edge of the door.

Again, thanks for taking the time to help out. I thought about scouring parking lots with a tape measure but I didn't want to get shot by someone thinking I was keying their truck.
    --Don

5. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

that was on drivers side.. (and before my morning caffeeenneeeeeee!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Frame around the bow-tie (bottom left corner of it; leading point of it if that makes sense?). was 4 3/8's....

6. BlazerFarm

Perfect! Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

of course a pic to see if we succeeded would be good! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. BlazerFarm

Will do. However, I'm going on vacation for a week so it'll have to wait awhile before I can get the emblems put on.

Thanks again.
    --Don

9. scottnj

scottnj 1/2 ton status

web page

I have some pictures of my blazer here at this link.

10. BlazerFarm

[ QUOTE ]
    of course a pic to see if we succeeded would be good! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here they are. Thanks again CK5ers for all the help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]