Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a favor.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AkMudr, Jan 17, 2005.

1. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Someone with an np205, can you take some pics of the torque mount so I can get some better ideas on how to fab the bracket that bolts to the frame.

Its obviously just a piece of angle iron, what are the measurements of it?

Grassyass.

2. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I dont know how much these will help but here ya are. If you need a different angle or something let me know.

3. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

You don't feel like sellin those do you? :D:D

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

me to me to

ya i want the complet setup aswell yaya sell me one also i got money$$$$$$

5. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

lol, I got dibs first!!!! This is the last part I need to do my swap. :D:D:D

6. sweetk30

no problem you first

no problem you first but me secend if he has 2 or more please and thankyou:grin: :grin: :grin:

7. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

If someone doesnt have a compete bracket set to sell per say, I would be interested in however "BORROWING" the complete setup and making more sets then returning the initial borrowed set once finished!!!!!

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

should I be worried that I have a np205 and have no idea what those brackets are? lol! nuttin like that on my 205... where exactly do they go?

j

9. spoolnaround

This was on the 465/205 set up I picked up at PNP for the doubler. I prob should put it on untill I get the doubler in now that I think of it :D . I prob wont use it after the doubler is in so you may see it in the for sale section or maybee e-bay the way you guys are talking :haha:

10. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Not all trucks came from the factory with that bracket, mainly early 70's which later went to a "rod" style brace. Some came with rods for bracing. The angle iron bracket is said to not be the best way to support the tcase becuase it offers no flex, some say the rod isnt the best way. Only reason I want it is becuase I'm not lookin for flex, I'm buildin my truck for beef, towing and possible plowing.

Some adapter are said to be weaker than others, with that said a lil extra support helps out alot. 134lbs of iron hanging off a tranny adapter causes alot of stress. The big bracket bolts from the passenger side of the tcase using the 2 holes then gets bolted to the piec eof angle iron, whichis bolted to the frame..in between are 4 bushings.

11. spoolnaround

I know that in '80 they had the rod style brace. This brace bolts to the case and bell housing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. sweetk30

i seen a fresh th400 k case get taken out and the adaptor because the mount wasnt there. and the hole system just blew. i beleve the bracket is a good idea over the rod. look how much flex is in the rod at end to end. i want the mount.

13. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Some say that using the side brackets makes the drivetrain too rigid and resistanct to flex...which can be a bad thing if your rig sees a substantial amount of flex on the trail. IMHO, 134lbs of unsupported cast iron needs a lil more vertical support, but thats just me.

P.S. I already have everything I need so yuo guys don't hafta keep postin pics.