Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a few ignition part numbers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chev4life, Jan 28, 2003.

1. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

I am having a few idle stumbling problems where I can see twiching in my tach and it only happens after the engine has completely warmed up. I think it is down to my ignition module and ignition pickup that are causing the problems because everything else is relatively new. Can you guys help me out with a few AC Delco parts numbers for these or a place I can find them? Thanks.

2. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

You can get ACDelco stuff from:

Vic Cesena & Sons Auto Elctrc
    1975 Lafayette St, Santa Clara, CA 95050
    Phone: (408) 982-0494

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Before you start replacing the more expensive parts, take a look at some of the easier stuff like the pivot bushings on your mechanical advance weights. When these little buggers wear out the allow the advance weights to flop around on their pivot pins and WILL affect your idle and can cause stumbling as you tip off idle.

The replacement bushings are cheap (NAPA part # DP112 - less than $4.00) and they can make a world of difference.

Take a look at THIS LINK for HEI tuning tips.

Just my $.02