Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a good beefy bumper...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by otisringle, Apr 19, 2006.

1. otisringle

otisringle 1/2 ton status

HAHA!!! thought that would get some attention!!

Hello all, I got in an accadent the other day and Im now bumperless, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good aftermarket bumper that is affordable and good quality. I have a tendency to drive into objects like trees and polls and I need somethying that can protect my truck so I dont have to replace the hood, grille, radiator support and all that again. If anyone has any input that would be very much appreciated.

I was looking at the smittybilt bumpers but they know longer make them for a 1990 blazer. Does anyone know if the 1987 smittybilt tube model will fit on a 1990. Thanks for your help.

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Nice try, why don't you post what you really want. People here are glad to help. (refering to previous post title)

3. otisringle

otisringle 1/2 ton status

yeah I guess your right. Just wanted people to read it.......

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I understand. You can put something like urgent, or important in the title also if your in a hurry. Have you searched here for bumpers? There are tons of post about them. I think you'll have a few replies by tonight with people willing to help though.

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I don't have one, and I've never seen one - that I know of - but I have my doubts about whether one of those Smitty Bilt bumpers are truly beefy.

I know Offroad Design and Blazen Offroad make quality tube bumpers. Those are the first two that come to mind. Check out some of the vendors in the vendor forum.