Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a good cargo rack for my 92 Yukon 2-door

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blaze, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

My parents are going to buy me a cargo rack and light bar for my Yukon for Christmas. Any suggestions on what kind? I want one that is kinda tall because I'd like to put my camping gear up there when we go fishing. I'd also like it to be large enough to not look stupid on the roof a full size truck. I was looking at the Con-Ferr racks, but they seem kinda short. If possible, I'd also like one with a build-in lightbar so they don't have to buy me a separate lightbar. I need to tell them soon so my mom doesn't go out and buy some goofy thing thinking it will work on my Yukon. I have a cargo rack on my S-10 Blazer, so she knows what to look for, but I don't want some POS that won't hold any weight. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anybody have any suggestions or any good links to a good one? Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

If you now some one with a tubing bender I would say build it your self its only a few 90 deg bends not that bad at all and that way you get exactly what you want if you were closer I would say come over with the tubing and have at it. I dont have the best bender in the world but for that it would do good.

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

My problem is that I suck at welding. I have a flux-core arc welder, which looks like crap even if you can weld. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Greenville, huh? My sis-in-law goes to ECU and my in-laws live in Rocky Mount. I just may have to take you up on your offer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif