Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a jean suggestion.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by joez, Feb 4, 2007.

1. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Ok, i have a small issue with jeans, actually with pants in general (yes this is a serious thread). I wear a 32-36(38 depending on brand), and even with the 32 waist i still need a belt. The problem is that i am 6'5" tall, weigh 210 pounds, but am not a "skinny" guy. I have yet to find a pair of jeans that fit me. From the knee down they are fine, but from the knee up everything i have found is just way too tight. I am not a woman, i would prefer my jeans to be loose and would like to be able to carry stuff in my pockets without wearing holes in the front of my jeans within two-three weeks of buying them.

I have tried just wearing 34's with a belt, but they are way to loose arround my waist, and are still fairly tight arround my thighs. They are not loose enough in the thigh to justify the terribly uncomfortable waist.

I can't be the only person with this issue, so i would like to know if anybody knows of any jeans that are for bigger tall and skinny guys? Ive been though all the mainstream jeans (levi's, lee's, arizona, carhart), all the big and tall catalogs, and have still just had to accept wearing tight jeans. Anybody have any suggestions of maybee some non-mainstream jeans, or anything for that matter?

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

well brotha, i can suggest you buy the jeans in the length with the thi-age comfort factor you desire, with a waist to accomadate, then take them to a tailor, it may cost a bit, but you'll only have to buy them once, rather than 20 times over, ya know??

im 6'2" 195 and i sometimes have trouble finding comfortable jeans as well, usually i wear shorts when im not working, and dickies black work slacks at work, and even sometimes cant find them that are comfortable... good luck, also a uniform company like cintas or US uniforms could custom make them...

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

like thay say on tv shows. buy it a little big and pay to have it fitted to you. a good tailer or seamstress will do you and the paints wonders.

i work auto and the shop provided paints are dickies brand. i have had some last up to 4 years before blow outs. avarage 1.5-3 years.

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have about a 34 waist and have resigned to wearing 36 arizonas and just dealing with it. Doesn't help ya a whole lot but oh well. Similar carhartt's are WAY too tight in the legs as are other brands. I only buy Arizona carpenters anymore.

5. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

I'm 6'9" 215lb, I get my jeans from Old Navy. Just gotta try on every pair since some are cut different. I get them from there mainly because they have cheap "painters pants" (carp. jeans). And i like the side pockets for work, they are cheap also. Also have a cool 53ish chev pickup in every store, no drive train. Just how i want it!

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I think old navy may actually be a winner, i had COMPLETELY forgotten about them. Browsing their site they have their "very loose" jeans in up to a 36" inseam. Thanks for the suggestion.

7. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

I was 38 waist ish (was 265lb) last month. But now 215lb so they are falling off me now. LOL. But my point is Some of the 36 =36, and some =38. Gotta try on every pair. And the cool truck!

8. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Damn, brother :eek1: :bow: !!

That's 7'-2" with afro!!

9. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: Could never get the Afro thing Down:( :haha:

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Kareem Abdul DeFletch:haha:

11. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

tall german blonde hair blue eyes with afro? lol

12. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Dude, whatever you do, dont buy low cut jeans. I furked up buying a pair of jeans since I normally just find 34-30 and chunk them in the basket. One day I went to workout and then went to work. After work I went to change into my new jeans, it was then that I discovered they were on sale for a reason.....Tough decision, asscrack showing or have my manhood crunched up into nothing.

It sure was drafty.

13. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

I am 6'6" and about 280 right now I get my jeans at Old Navy also. I usually get the painters jeans too, they are nice and loose and fit good. I have to go down in waist though, I keep slimming down and it looks like I have no ass in the jeans I own.

14. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My little bro gets his Jeans from JcPennys and old navy. He is 6'7" and is kind of skinny but not skinny. I guess I am lucky I am 6'3" tall and a 32" inseam is actaully just a bit long.

15. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Corey, you're awesome :bow: :bow: !!

That's exactly where I got that from :D !!

16. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Back when I was 6-6 and 220 (im shorter now) I liked Carhardts or Wrangler Pro Rodeos.

17. iwaxmyjimmy

iwaxmyjimmy College web wheeler Premium Member

I'm only 5'8" 145lbs, but so far my favorite kind of jeans are the Diamond Cut ones. They have a diamond in the tant area. That way your nuts don't over lap the seam. They are very comfortable and no more wedges when you squat down, because theres no seam going through your tant and up your a$$ crack.

EDIT: heres a link http://www.diamondcutjeans.com/. I've been wearing them for about 5 years and still have the first pair I bought.

18. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just wear a cherokee loose fit 34x30. Infact, bought a pair today!

Gotta look closely at the tag though, the jeans get mixed up all the time, and more than once I've come home with a boot cut, or low rider type jean :doah:

19. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Lucky brand dungarees. :bow: Expensive but they'll have what you need.

20. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I buy lucky, old navy or areopostal. They are the best fitting pants ever. Just get the regular, cargo, or painters pants. Not the ones with paint and rips in them.