Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a little help getting spark...... MSD 6a box... HEI coil.... Blaster2.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Silver84k5, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Ok i have put in : New cap, New rotor, New coil, New magnetic pickup.... I have a MSD 6a box... ive tried a blaster coil with the MSD conversion Dust shield, and right now im trying it with the new HEI coil.... I have spark all the way to the coil. but its not going out through the plug wires.... when i turn the motor over the spark jumps from the coil to the Square ring around the coil....

What else can i do?

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

You've got the spring/washer thingy in there under the coil, right?

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

The spark is taking the path of least resistance, and grounding itself out on its own case, try puting some electric grease (special stuff) on the coil wire going to the distributor it sounds like to spark is escaping out of the rubber boot on your coil wire, check that rubber boot for cracks.

4. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Re: Need a little help getting spark...... MSD 6a box... HEI coil.... Blast

yea....

I finally got spark... Its wierd ive tried everything... and what i think finally made it spark was that little hook/terminal that comes with the coil, i grounded it to the firewall.. But ive had coils that didnt use that thing and they've worked fine.. Also i still cant get the blaster coil to work with the Dustshield HEI conversion thing.. oh well... hopefully it holds out im going to the dunes this weekend.