Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a little help w/ the burb...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, Mar 23, 2005.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132984

Anybody have any ideas? It started running really rough at idle and then quit completely on Monday. So far I have replaced the following;

Cap, rotor, plugs, & wires
    Throttle position sensor (yes I set it to the correct voltage)
    Electronic spark controller
    Manifold air pressure sensor
    Fuel filter

It still won't fire. I am only getting 8 volts to the pump. Does anybody know if it's supposed to be a full 12 volts? I will jumper the pump again tonight when I get home. Hopefully I can get it to fire by jumpering to the red wire from the battery w/ the relay plugged in. But, this is me, and that would be way too easy....

2. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

You should be getting a full 12 volts, check to see if your relay for your fuel pump is stuck or gone bad.

Can't believe your still fighting this thing :frown1:

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well, I am getting some fuel to the TBI. I just don't think it's enough. I am going to jumper past the relay and put a full 12V to the pump. If it fires up, I'll know it's the relay. If not, then I'll know it's the pump. I sure hope it's not the pump. If it is, I might be cutting and access hole through the floor of the thing to replace it. It'd be a LOT less work than dropping the tank. I'll just weld some tabs to the chunk I cut out of the bed. I'll get me a big ass hole saw (like 6" or 8") and go to town. Then I'll sell it.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Can you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds when you first turn the key to on?

Also, what about the ignition module (or is that what your refer to as 'electronic spark control'? Those symptoms sound EXACTLY like when my Jimmy died. :frown1:

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Nope, no sound from the fuel pump at all. I ran a hot wire to it last night. I got nothing.

Yes, the ESC (electronic spark controller) is the ignition module on that thing.

I am tired of replacing parts. I think it's time to call Jeff and have him haul it to the dealer to find out EXACTLY what the problem is.

6. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Well at least you got it narrowed down to a possible problem, sounds like your fuel pump took a crap on you (but don't quote me on that). Whenever your ready for the tow just give Jeff a call.

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yeah, it definitely sounds like fuel pump. Only issue is why it is not working - could be tied into a relay problem or just a dead pump. I'd bet on dead pump................. :frown1: