Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need a little info

Discussion in 'Audio' started by RATAH, Jan 25, 2003.

1. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

Is this a good setup
    a Jenson model CD60X
    100watts x 4
    the blazer already had 4 Alpine Dlive speakers
    i paid 89.00 for the jenson
    and i need some front speakers as the one's in it sound like s**t any idea's as to what will sound good and also fit in the dash stock location
    Thanks for all info and help

2. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

Get u some infinity refrences or kappas they will fit but u will have to cut the brakets and make them lower to clear the cone they sound good but i did this and i am now going to speakers in the doors as i have heard and been told this will sound better and be louder so it is up to u if i where u i would put speakers in the door. But the infinty 3 1/2s are nice.

Clint /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

Thankyou,
    id like to put speakers in the doors and the dash /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

if u do that i would run the speakers in the dash of ur head unit and the ones in the door off ur amp i looked it up and couldnt find is it an older model. But anyways back to the speakers if u both u wont be able to hear ur dash ones unless run them of the amp to if i where u dont get the dash ones there a pain in the a!@ to cut the brackets up to fit it under the dash pad and just put them in the door it would be a heck of alot easier. Plus it would sound better like that. Thas just me though i would do whatever u wont though.

Clint /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif