Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a motor...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by firefighter184, Jun 15, 2005.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Anybody in Colorado know where I can get a TBI 350 for a decent price? Can't afford much, probably less than $750 for a motor AND install... Long story short, the guy who took my motor to build it for me has screwed me out of $1000 and I have no motor now. I do have the intake, and most of the accessories (starter, alternator, etc). I gotta get the Blazer on the road so I can enjoy the summer. I am also looking for somebody to help me get it put in, since I am a mechanical idiot. I hate my life.

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

You have a core to give someone? It's gonna be hard to get that kind of price without a core. Mine was $670. Core charge was $400 so it's a good thing I had one.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Call Tom Martino.

I'd help you if you can haul it up to Greeley. :D We have a nice little forklift that make R&R on motors real easy. It could definitely be done in a day.

4. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

WTF happened John?

Haha....there's Scott suggesting Tom Martino again :D Actually that might not be a bad idea, if it's a slow news day...you might eventually get your money back.

5. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Tom Martino won't work, because they guy was supposed to be helping me as a friend. He quit his job at the shop where he was working, and was going to do it at his house. I gave him $1K for the machine shop, the rebuild kit, and new pistons and heads. I cant get ahold of him, because he wont anwer his dang fone. RRRRRRRRRRRRRR. :mad: My usual mechanic told me today that IF I can get the motor back, with all the stuff I paid for, he'll have me come in after hours on a Saturday and help me throw it in for nothing. This sucks.

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

But does he answer his doorbell? I'd go to his house. Maybe even get the Police involved. Can't hurt.

7. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

The local hot rod club I belong to is having our annual Father's Day car show this weekend. We raffle a complete engine. I'll try to buy a few raffles in your name. You never know. Putting it in your name works well for me since I'm not supposed to win. ;)

8. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Sometimes a small claims suit is a nice kick in pants.

Police won't do anything. It is a civil issue.

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I just went through something similar, nothing is more frustrating.

When you get ready to work on it John let me know and I'll squeeze a few days off to help you. If you are able just get your stuff back, you may not get your money but if you have the parts you can do something with them.

Keep watching CO4x4 for local engines. I'd check the Post and Rocky too.

Oh and try not to kill anyone, you'll certainly be tempted. :D

10. Scott39

Scott39 1/2 ton status

I have a motor that runs good out of a 86 burb, it is carbuerated, I beleave it is the rochchester quadra jet, which is probably one of the best off road carbs.
    But if you buy it, and you get yours back, then you have 2 motors.
    Let me know, $500, and you can have anything you need out of the engine bay for it. I might even throw in the fenders and the hood also, and they are straight.
    I do have this forsale on CO4x4.org.
    303-980-6548
    303-903-9851
    Scott

Last edited: Jun 18, 2005