Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a New Distributor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1986Blazer, Jun 15, 2001.

1. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

Everyone - I just fixed the timing problem, thanks Grim-Reaper. During the "fix" I also found out my Distributor is loose so I need to fix it. NAPA has a rebuilt for $127.00 but there is no telling who made it. I want to instead order a good one from JEGS or SUMMIT. I like the specs of the Mallory UNILITE Vacuum advance. Does anyone have this installed????

If so, it appears to me it requires an external coil - is this correct.

Also, does anyone recommend a good replacement HEI distributor for a basically stock 350 for an 85 engine?

Cost is a factor - I'm not looking to spend $300.00 but I'm not shy about paying for quality.

Thanks

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

For a "basically stock" 350 I'd stick with a "basically stock" replacement HEI distributor...its very reliable up to about 6000 RPM which is well past the usable RPM limit for a stock 350. Replacement parts will be easy to buy and it won't set you back a kajillion bucks to buy.

Just my two cents

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Hey , I have a " Summit" Hei and it kicks butt!

Jeep Thing,? Ya i ran over one!

4. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

I thought about getting a summit HEI a while ago but i instead just got a used one for $30. It worked a lot better than my pionts. Pertronix also sells a very nice HEI from what ive read in Car Craft for $220(summit.) It has everything you could ever want for your HEI.

Check out my 73 K5 http://members.theglobe.com/xnoahx/73k5.htm