Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a new seat for my pickup

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cj7jeep81, Jun 19, 2006.

1. cj7jeep81

cj7jeep81 1/2 ton status

The bench seat in my 78 K-10 is shot, and I'd like to replace it. I've already gone the seat cover route, but the foam is shot, and I'd like to just replace the whole thing. Thought about buying the foam and replacement upholstry, but going that route (at least from a place like LMC) isn't much cheaper than a whole new seat. I'd consider the used junkyard route, but the only decent yard around here is super expensive, and you can't walk through the yard, so getting what I want might be kind of tricky.
    I've looked at these http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2006962/showCustom-0/p-2006962/N-111+600008977+20000122+1978/c-10614
    and at the standard bucket seats from PRP http://www.prpseats.com/suspension-seats.html
    I don't want to switch to buckets seats, and am leaning towards the seats from JC Whitney, but would like to get some feedback before I shell out any cash.

2. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

when I do the crew cab swap im going to do buckets up front and a center console. I need the bench now as myself, wife and son fit in the truck... with 4 weeks to go for a new addition to the family.... all I can say is crew cab for me....

I bought a seat from the junkyard.... maybe for sale next year when I do the crew cab swap.... you can be amazed at what you find... cost me $125 though but pretty good deal... these pics have it a bit dirty as the digital cameras show more dirt.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. cj7jeep81

cj7jeep81 1/2 ton status

that's a pretty good deal. i'll try calling the junkyard and get a ball park price. anyone else have any experience buying new bench seats?