Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a new sticker

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RLBstein, Jan 1, 2003.

1. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

I used to have my "CK% Built Not Bought" sticker on my rear window until yesterday. I was using the beast to pull pine tree roots out with a cargo strap (5000lbs) and was doing great until I got to this smaller one which happened to be attached to the trees tap root. I was letting idle do most of the work but this one needed a little more gas and I thought to myself "I hope this strap doesnt let go and damage anyth........crash" too late. Sent the metal buckle of the strap right through the rear window and put glass everywhere...the dash, my hair, etc. Lucky for me I didnt listen to my wife when she said to get rid of all that extra parts from the rebuild. Had an extra rear window and slapped it in.

Oh well, I guess I'll learn to finish my first cup of coffee in the morning before I do any more chores around the house so I'm a little more alert. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Good thing it didn't get into your eyes, What part of the strap broke?

Eric

3. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear that you didn't get hurt. I will be glad to help out with that sticker. Let me know if you would like to order another.