Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a new tranny which one to look for?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Fry, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

Which TH350 should I look for, my 75 has a NP203. Do I just need a 4x4 one or do I need one that was backed by a 203? I have searched everything to do with the TH350 but not much on what to look for.
    Thanks
    I have drained my fluid a few times since I've got the truck a few months ago and am always getting little metal shavings and the other day I had some friction plate material in there, any guesses on how long it has to live?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Since you have a dead TH350 that was mated to a 203 already, you already have a TH350 adapter plate, hence, any 4x4 TH350 will work /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

I have a chance to buy a heavy case 350 for a 208 t case that needs rebuild this one will work for me? I want to rebuild it and have it so I can drop mine and stick a rebuilt one up there.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'm not sure, but the output shaft on the tranny with the 208 might have to be chanbed to be able to accept the 203, if i'm wrong, someone will correct me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif