Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a NP241 transfer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Greg, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Greg

Greg Registered Member

Hey guys,
    as the subject line suggests, I desperately need a NP241 transfer case (automatic version) for my '90 blazer. I recently swapped out my manual 4spd for a 700 auto tranny. Thought everything would bolt up just fine untill I found out the MANUAL transfer and AUTOMATIC transfer have different spline counts. (parts dealers forgot to mention that part) So I can't drive the damn thing untill I get a NP241 for an auto!! Anyone have one or know of someone who has one they want to get rid of?? I'd be willing to buy it or trade my manual one for it! I don't really care which, I just need one!
    Lemme know!
    Greg

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Do us a favor and fill out your profile. It would be nice to know where you are located. You might also be able to run a 208 if you can't come up with a 241. I think the 700r4 used the same output shaft for both the 208 and 241 but not totally sure.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

you may also be able to change just the input gear in your transfer case to match the automatic shaft, the rest of the transfer case should be the same, the input gear for a turbo 350, or 700R4 both use the 27 spline input gear. this may be cheaper than buying a whole transfer case.

'95 Chevy Silverado 1500
    5.7 V8-NV4500- 3.73 rears

4. Greg

Greg Registered Member

Hey thanks for the post. I don't knowif you got my last message ( I think it had to go thru CK5 admin so you may or may not get it at all) Just in case;
    I had been thinking the same thing so far as changing just the input/output shaft but can't find anyone who offers JUST that part. Also thought of trying a rubuild kit since they seem to have one for just about anything these days but no luck there either. Do you know WHERE I can find just the spline shaft replacement? I'm sure it can't be difficult to change. come to think of it I will also have to change the slip yoke assembly for the rear drive shaft. having a hard time locating one of those too!
    greg

5. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Greg, I sent you a private message. Go read it and let me know what you want to do.

ken