Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need a pep talk...

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Lance, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I purchased a set of zero rates for the front and rear of my '90 Jimmy about a month ago. I finished collecting the rest of my parts and am getting ready for an install but, to be honest I am beginning to have second thoughts about using the zero rates on the front. Can someone give me some feedback on using them in this fashion? I really like the parts and everyone at ORD has been helpful just had a few naysayers work there way under my skin and give me doubts.

Thanks,
    Lance

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Would it bother you to bolt two extra leaves under your spring pack? The zero rates are the same thing, just in one chunk.
    I can understand your concern, the mags have been so anti-block that anything that looks thicker than a leaf has become a "bad thing". They really don't have a choice, if they OK any kind of block in the front end some yahoo will say "if their 1" block is OK, my 2" block should work fine" and put in a tapered 2.5" block with pegs instead of a center bolt, then spit it out and run over a schoolbus and ........

Moral of the story, I wouldn't go over the 1" we build, but it's been proven to work fine.

3. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I've seen them in action.. I will do the front and rear this spring.. moving them front and back 1.5 inches... respectively...

Go for it...

4. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Got them on mine & works fine, frt & rr. Just came back from a 2500+ mile trip, I-5 from San Diego to Portland, Portland to Lake Tahoe, Tahoe back to S.D. Thats the second trip like that with these parts, 2nd gen "0" rates, 4in shackle flip, bolt in steering brace, HD frt shackles, all greaseable bushings, sway bar disco's, Warn floater kit in the rear, 35in tires ect... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Go for it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Jim