Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need a radiator hose quick fix

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by johnnieg, Nov 17, 2003.

1. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

My lower radiator hose is leaking where it clamps to the water pump. All the hoses are to be replaced within the next 1000 miles. What can I do for a quick fix to stop it from leaking without having to replace the hose? It is only leaking at operating temp.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Are you sure it's the hose leaking? There's a weep hole in the bottom of the water pump that will dribble coolant down that way when the seal in the pump begins to fail. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

the only fix for a leaky hose is to replace it, hoses are generally inexpensive, i wouldnt risk a fix like duct tape or anything on an 8 dollar hose that could leave me stranded..

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

If it's not the weep hole (I made this mistake once thinkin it was the hose) what I did once when stranded was cut the hose a little short and then reattach the hose. Was a quick fix to get home. If truth be told though, it's still the fix even though I have a new hose. Just keep forgettin to put the new one on. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Good luck to ya.

Allan